If you’re a “Star Wars” fan like us, you’re probably counting down the days until Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. But you won’t have to wait months to get your “Star Wars” fix at Walt Disney World. This April, Disney Vacation Club is hosting a Galactic Gathering at Epcot, and we’re already packing our bags (and our lightsabers).
For one night only on April 10, Disney Vacation Club members and their special guests can attend a Membership Magic Event at Epcot’s World ShowPlace, and this one’s themed after a galaxy far, far away. At Star Wars: Galactic Nights, guests will enjoy food and beverages themed after the “Star Wars” films, character meet and greets, special PhotoPass opportunities with “Star Wars” props and set pieces, and much more. Like so many special events, we’re most excited for the food, including the Endor Cous Cous, Tatooine Cheeseburger Spring Roll, and Blue Milk Panna Cotta. From the sounds of it, this seems to be the perfect event for the ultimate “Star Wars” fan (at least, until Galaxy’s Edge opens).
But like other special events and parties at Walt Disney World, this one comes at a price, and it’s pretty expensive. The event, which runs from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on April 10, costs $225 for guests 21 and over and $210 for guests 3-20. Plus, valid theme park admission is required for this event, so if you’re looking to take your whole family, you’re looking at a pretty high price point, especially if not everyone in your family is an annual passholder.
Here is everything included with the cost of the event:
- Get up close to some popular heroes and villains during special Character Greetings.
- Enjoy photo ops with rare set pieces and props from the beloved movies.
- Pretend you’re at The Cantina as you practice your best dance moves to the music of a galactic DJ.
- Then keep the party going with access to a reserved viewing area around World Showcase Lagoon for the out-of-this-world fireworks show, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.
Food Inspired by a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Nosh on an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet of Star Wars-themed heavy hors d’oeuvres and beverages.
- Set your targets on assorted salads, small bites, a carving station, butter chicken, bean wat and delectable desserts.
Visit the official website here to reserve tickets for the event. Disney Vacation Club members can book tickets for up to five guests, so don’t miss out on this one-night opportunity!
Have you ever attended a Disney Vacation Club event at Walt Disney World? Share your experiences with us!