Art enthusiasts rejoice, Disney has officially announced the return of the Epcot International Festival of the Arts, which will be celebrated at the park for 39 days starting January 18, 2019, and running through February 25, 2019.
The Epcot International Festival of the Arts is the ultimate celebration of art, entertainment, and food for the entire family. The special event features interactive workshops, immersive art experiences, world-class cuisine, and creative activities for guests of any age.
New to the 2019 festival, guests will now be able to sing along to their favorite Disney Broadway tunes every day of the week during the festival’s Disney on Broadway Concert Series, which will run daily at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Each week, guests to the festival can enjoy a new pair of Disney on Broadway stars at the America Gardens Theatre. Take a look at some of the featured artists at the event below.
- Kerry Butler (“Beauty and the Beast”) and Kevin Massey (“Tarzan”)
- Meredith Inglesby (“The Little Mermaid”) and Steve Blanchard (“Beauty and the Beast”)
- Arielle Jacobs and Adam Jacobs (“Aladdin”)
- Heidi Blickenstaff (“Freaky Friday”) and Gavin Lee (“Mary Poppins”)
- Ashley Brown (“Mary Poppins”) and Josh Strickland (“Tarzan”)
- Kissy Simmons and Alton Fitzgerald White (“The Lion King”)
The Disney on Broadway Concert Series is included with park admission. Guests looking to secure seats to their favorite artist’s performances can take advantage of reserved seating, which is available to guests booking a Disney on Broadway Concert Series Dining Package. Guests can reserve a breakfast, lunch or dinner reservation at select Epcot restaurants, which grants them later access to priority seating at their select Disney on Broadway Concert Series show. Dining package reservations to Disney on Broadway Concert Series open November 8.
For foodies looking to visit this year’s Epcot International Festival of the Arts, get your appetites ready, because this year’s festival will feature 13 Food Studios, in addition to a few other creative and fun food offerings found around the theme park.
Over at The Artist’s Table, visitors can enjoy beef wellington with mushroom bordelaise, fennel cream and roasted baby vegetables, or they can enjoy smoked salmon and cream gâteau with egg yolk cream, paddlefish caviar and micro-herbs at The Painter’s Palate. Pop Eats! is where guests can enjoy almond frangipane cake with raspberry and chocolate, and Cuisine Classique will be serving up red wine-braised short rib with parsnip purée, broccolini, baby tomatoes and aged balsamic.
For visitors looking to enjoy artful activities for the whole family, they can find some inspiration with some of the following experiences.
- Grab a paintbrush and help create a wall mural along World Showcase Plaza.
- At the Artful Photo Opportunities, guests can step inside masterworks of art and take photos with friends.
- The Paint with a Disney Artist program lets guests learn under the tutelage of a professional (offered select Fridays and Sundays, including continental breakfast, for an additional fee).
- Performing artists are scheduled throughout the festival, demonstrating gravity-defying feats of strength, acrobatics, and many other skills.
- International musical and variety acts will share their talents with guests, including the return of Bodh’aktan to the Canada stage and Delta Q, a new group performing in Germany.
- Guests can join in the fun of Figment’s Brush with the Masters Scavenger Hunt by purchasing a map at select merchandise locations.
- A variety of workshops led by professionals will teach different artistic techniques, such as floral design, ink and paint, mixed-media art and more (offered Friday-Monday for an additional fee). As a memento of what they learn, guests will take their creations home with them. Details on workshop registration will be released soon.
- Complimentary 30-minute seminars will give guests helpful instruction for producing their own artwork at home.
Start planning your trip to the 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Arts today as it will only be at Walt Disney World for 39 days.
For more information about this year’s festival, or to book your trip to the event, be sure to visit our official travel agent Destinations 2 Travel.