The 2019 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend is only a few months away, and today Disney revealed this year’s finisher medals.
, presented by Cigna, takes place from January 9 – 13, 2019, and several special medals await participating runners. First up, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit makes his race debut for the Walt Disney World 5K. The classic Disney character offers a huge smile for race participants on this new medal.
Celebrate a 26.2 mile-run through Walt Disney World Resort with this medal featuring your host, Mickey Mouse.
Challenge yourself even further with Goofy’s Race and a Half (39.3 miles) or Dopey’s Challenge (48.6 miles) to earn these medals featuring the loveable characters. There’s also the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge, which is celebrating its 5th anniversary this year. This challenge combines one 5K or longer event during the 2019 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend with a Castaway Cay 5K on Disney Cruise Line’s private tropical island in the Bahamas the following week.
Starting in 2019, . These medallions feature Mickey and Pluto celebrating hard-earned race accomplishments.
Here’s a full rundown of the weekend’s race events:
- Walt Disney World 5K (3.1 miles) – Thursday, January 10, 2019, at 5:30 AM
- Walt Disney World 10K (6.2 miles) – Friday, January 11, 2019, at 5:30 AM
- Walt Disney World Marathon (26.2 miles) – Saturday, January 12, 2019, at 5:30 AM
- Goofy’s Race and Half Challenge (39.3 miles) – Saturday, January 12 – Sunday, January 13, 2019
- Dopey Challenge (48.6 miles) – Thursday, January 10 – Sunday, January 13, 2019
- Disney Castaway Cay 5K – Wednesday, January 16, 2019, during a Disney Cruise Line Bahamian Cruise from January 14 – 18, 2019
- runDisney Kids Races – Friday, January 11 – Saturday, January 12, 2019
100m Dash: 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
200m Dash: 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Diaper Dash: 12:30 PM – 1:00 PM
One Mile Run: 1:00 PM
Registration is now open for the 2019 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend. VIP Race Retreat packages are also available, which include a private hospitality tent near the finish line, pre-race pastries and refreshments, and more. For more information, visit the runDisney website.