The iconic creatures of Universal’s classic monster films include Dracula, The Phantom of the Opera, Frankenstein’s Monster and The Wolf Man. Universal released a haunting teaser video for the final maze.
WATCH – UNIVERSAL MONSTERS TEASER VIDEO:
The maze will also include an original score produced and composed by celebrated Grammy Award-winning musician, SLASH. Each character will be given a unique composition, which will add a haunting dimension to the experience. It will also help to further define each of the characters.
“As a fan of horror movies and of ‘Halloween Horror Nights,’ I jumped at the chance to once again collaborate with Universal Studios Hollywood to produce what might be interpreted as a soundtrack for the maze,” SLASH said. “Similar to the way music affects a film, I wanted to compose a score for the legions of infamous characters featured in the maze to elicit a greater sense of terror for the guests. In the end, the goal is to ultimately make the guests feel as if they are playing an integral role in a classic Monster movie.”
Universal Monsters is the seventh maze announced for Halloween Horror Nights. The rest of the lineup includes:
- ”Stranger Things,” based on Netflix’s critically-acclaimed television series
- “Poltergeist,” inspired by the classic 1982 horror film
- “The First Purge,” based on Universal Picture’s blockbuster thriller
- “Trick ‘r Treat,” based on the Halloween cult classic directed by Michael Dougherty
- “The Horrors of Blumhouse: Chapter Two,” inspired by Jason Blum’s horrifying films, Truth or Dare and Unfriended
- “Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers,” based on the iconic slasher film
- “The Walking Dead,” Universal Studios Hollywood’s permanent attraction inspired by AMC’s record-breaking television series
- The Jabbawockeez award-winning hip hop dance crew returns by popular demand with an all-new, high-energy performance created exclusively for “Halloween Horror Nights”
- “Terror Tram: Hollywood Harry’s Dreadtime Storiez,” featuring the return of serial killer clown, Hollywood Harry
Halloween Horror Nights 2018 begins Friday, September 14 and runs on select nights through November 3 at Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood. To learn more about Halloween Horror Nights, check out our guide to the eerily entertaining event.
Are you excited for Universal Monsters at Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood? Let us know in the comments below!