Ranging from captivating décor and unique character experiences to delicious treats, exciting live-entertainment and fun merchandise, there is something for everyone during the holiday season at Walt Disney World Resort. Here is a look at some of what will be offered around the resort this coming winter season!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
This holiday season guests can experience a Flurry of Fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Nov. 8-Jan. 6, with festive entertainment and exciting holiday touches around the park.
- Toy Story Land will feature special seasonal fun, such as holiday songs on Alien Swirling Saucers.
- “Sunset Seasons Greetings” returns this year with new laser effects and snow. Guests will witness spectacular projections of beloved Disney Characters – Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Olaf and others – sharing their favorite seasonal stories as holiday magic transforms the famous Hollywood Tower Hotel into scenes of the season.
WATCH – JINGLE BELL, JINGLE BAM! FIREWORKS SHOW:
- The nighttime spectacular “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” will combine state-of-the-art projections, fireworks, special effects and music to create a one-of-a-kind holiday experience.
- Guests can meet Santa at the Once Upon a Time shop Nov.10-Dec. 24, and Santa Goofy after he steps in Dec. 25.
Magic Kingdom Park
Decorations, holiday treats, a sparkling icy castle and more will await guests at Magic Kingdom Park, transforming it into an enchanting holiday wonderland.
The holiday festivities at the park will include the return of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, a specially ticketed, limited-attendance celebration that will take place on select nights starting Nov. 8.
Each night of the event will feature an exclusive showing of “Holiday Wishes” fireworks and performances of “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade,” A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas and “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration” stage show.
WATCH – HOLIDAY WISHES AT MICKEY’S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY 2017:
Guests will also experience the beauty of an illuminated Cinderella Castle, have the ability to meet characters in their holiday attire and even enjoy complimentary cookies and cocoa.
Guests will discover holiday traditions from all 11 World Showcase nations during Epcot International Festival of the Holidays, starting November 18.
- Seasonal tastes from around the globe will be served at special Holiday Kitchens.
- World Showcase pavilions will feature sights and sounds of special entertainment celebrating each country’s holiday heritage.
- Chip and Dale will be collecting ornaments for their Christmas tree. In Chip & Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree scavenger hunt, guests will purchase a map and stickers from select merchandise locations and travel around World Showcase looking for the famous chipmunks with their ornaments. Guests will then return their completed maps for a festive surprise, courtesy of Chip and Dale. Maps are available for $6.99 (plus tax).
- The nightly fireworks display, “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” will feature an additional holiday finale.
WATCH – “ILLUMINATIONS: REFLECTIONS OF EARTH” HOLIDAY FINALE:
- One of the most popular Epcot traditions, the Candlelight Processional, returns. This retelling of the Christmas story will feature a celebrity narrator accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and a choir. Performances will run three times each night from Nov. 22-Dec. 30.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
New this year, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will premiere Diwali, the holiday Festival of Lights in India, as part of the new live show “UP! A Great Bird Adventure.”
WATCH – “UP! A GREAT BIRD ADVENTURE”:
This special holiday version of the show will begin Nov. 8.
Disney Springs is a great destination for holiday shopping, dining and entertainment and this holiday season, the shopping center will continue to feature festive celebrations beginning November 8.
- Guests can stroll through the Christmas Tree Trail and view custom-decorated holiday trees, each dedicated to a popular Disney theme featuring characters like Mary Poppins, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, among others.
WATCH – BEST CHRISTMAS TREE TRAIL TREES:
- At Santa’s Chalet, Santa Claus will accept Christmas wish lists and welcome guests. From Dec. 25-Dec. 31, Santa Goofy will take over after Old Saint Nick heads back to the North Pole.
- Guests can take part in Stitch’s Holiday Gift Hunt and discover where the mischievous Experiment 626 is hiding.
Not only is Walt Disney World bringing new holiday celebrations to their parks, but they are also offering new exciting and fun holiday merchandise. Here is a look at some of the new items coming to the resort this fall.
WATCH – HOLIDAY MERCHANDISE COMING TO WALT DISNEY WORLD FALL 2018:
Now let’s take a look at some new holiday-themed white-ware tableware including dinner plates, salad plates, bowls and a serving tray. The pieces are designed to have a white base to match most holiday-themed serving platters and feature different graphics of Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald Duck engaging in different holiday activities.
Other merchandise coming this fall includes holiday-themed trading pins, ugly Christmas sweaters, Disney characters. Special holiday pin sets will make up the resort’s Christmas-themed pin offerings.
Additionally, this Dooney & Bourke handbag featuring a Nordic Winter pattern of different seasonal graphics will be available.
Walt Disney World Resort hotels will also be joining in on the holiday fun with special ornaments themed to each hotel. The Mickey and Minnie ornament pictured below is inspired by Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
This miniature Tiki Man is inspired by Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
This fun Disney character filled canvas ornament is inspired by Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.
And this Lion ornament is inspired by Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
This special baseball hat doesn’t only “Light up the Holiday” with its printed text but it also features light up elements as well.
One last offering is these special Victorian-style Mickey and Minnie holiday cards to send out to your loved ones.
Be sure to check out all of this merchandise when it becomes available at Walt Disney World later this fall. For more information about some of the resort’s coming holiday offerings, be sure to visit the resort’s official website.
Are you excited for these holiday celebrations and merchandise coming to Walt Disney World? Let us know in the comments below!