It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and believe it or not, it’s right around the corner. The 2017 holiday season will bring a lot of exciting offerings to Walt Disney World, including some returning favorites and some new traditions.
Guests of the holiday event will be greeted by Anna and Elsa on the Castle Forecourt Stage for the returning favorite “A Frozen Holiday Wish.”
WATCH – “A FROZEN HOLIDAY WISH” FROM 2016:
Later, on that same stage, guest can join Mickey and his pals for “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration.”
WATCH – “MICKEY’S MOST MERRIEST CELEBRATION” FROM 2016:
“Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” will wow guests down Main Street twice a night with dancing gingerbread men, Disney characters and of course, Santa Claus.
WATCH – “MICKEY’S ONCE UPON A CHRISTMASTIME PARADE” FROM 2016:
Finally, the grand finale of the Christmas Party is “Holiday Wishes Fireworks– Celebrate the Spirit of the Season.” The special nighttime spectacular set to holiday tunes will light up the sky over Magic Kingdom.
WATCH – “HOLIDAY WISHES FIREWORKS – CELEBRATE THE SPIRIT OF THE SEASON” FROM 2016:
Outside of the Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World will still have plenty to offer for the holidays.
“Epcot International Festival of the Holidays” (formerly known as “Holidays Around the World”) will return from November 19 through December 30. This holiday celebration will include:
- Candlelight Processional – A retelling of a classic Christmas story by a celebrity narrator accompanied by music from a 50-piece orchestra. Celebrity narrators will include Matt Bomer, CCH Pounder, Pat Sajak, Neil Patrick Harris, Whoopi Goldberg and Jaci Velasquez. The show will be performed three times each night from November 24 – December 30.
- Holiday traditions around World Showcase – Guests can visit each country around the World Showcase to get a glimpse into each of their time-honored holiday traditions. There will also be musical performances from Mostly Kosher, JOYFUL! A Gospel Celebration of the Season and Canadian Holiday Voyageurs.
- Holiday Kitchens – Guests can enjoy snowflake sugar cookies, warm apple fritters and other holiday favorites across 15 holiday eateries.
- Illuminations: Reflections of Earth – a special holiday will be added to Epcot’s nightly firework spectacular.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios will also see some returning favorites as well as some exciting new additions in the park’s first year without the “Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights” since 1995. Holiday fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will include:
- Sunset Seasons Greetings – Unforgettable holiday scenes will be projected onto the Hollywood Tower Hotel and will feature your favorite Disney characters including Mickey and Minnie, characters from Toy Story, characters from The Muppets and Olaf.
- Echo Lake decorations – Enhanced holiday decor will grace the area around Echo Lake, including colorful garlands, a giant Christmas tree and even a Santa hat for the lake’s resident dino.
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! – The returning holiday show combines state-of-the-art projections, fireworks, special effects and Christmas music to create a one-of-a-kind holiday experience.
WATCH – “JINGLE BELL, JINGLE BAM!” FROM 2016:
All of the holiday additions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will begin November 9.
Guests of Walt Disney World will be able to take part in the holiday fun without ever setting foot in a park though thanks to the exciting additions coming to Disney Springs. Holiday offerings at Disney Springs will include:
- Disney Springs’ Christmas Tree Trail: This year’s collection of Christmas icons will be expanded to 25 trees, including ten new trees inspired by Disney classics such as Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Snow White and Dumbo.
- Santa’s Chalet: Guests can deliver their wish lists and get their picture taken with Santa himself near the exit of Disney Springs’ Christmas Tree Trail. Santa Goofy will take over when Saint Nick heads back to the North Pole on December 25.
- Stitch’s Holiday Gift Hunt: The mischievous experiment 626 is at it again with an expanded scavenger hunt featuring four new stops, including a special stop at the Disney Springs’ Christmas Tree Trail.
- Meet & Greet with the Coca-Cola Polar Bear: Guests can meet with the iconic polar bear, get a picture and create a brand new holiday memory.
There’s something for everyone at Walt Disney World this holiday season. What are you most excited for? Let us know in the comments below!