If you are looking to sing at Walt Disney World, we have the answer to that prayer!
Walt Disney World Resort is full of a ton of amazing attractions and details that often have Guests enamored, but their entertainment is one of the best things the Parks have to offer. Due to the pandemic, we have seen a slow return when it comes to entertainment. Although shows like Beauty and the Beast, Harmonious, and Disney Enchantment have returned, we are still waiting on others such as Fantasmic!, Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire, and parades like Festival of Fantasy. All three are set to return at some point this year.
One of the best shows that returned in 2021 with some alterations to ensure the show was safe for the performers was A Celebration of Festival of the Lion King. Now, it seems that Disney is looking to hire more performers for the show! At the moment, Disney is looking for the four lead vocalists of the show.
Disney Live Entertainment is accepting Vocalist Submissions for Celebration of Festival of the Lion King; an African-inspired celebration of the music from the feature film; an original musical theatre production performed live in the state of the art, indoor, 1500 seat theatre-in-the-round in Disney’s Animal Kingdom®, performed live at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL.
Kiume: The Leader. Must have a strong and powerful presence. Resonant baritone/bass. 5’10” – 6’2″
Zawadi: The Gift. “Mother Earth” to all who know her. Gospel mezzo-soprano with high belt. 5’5″ – 5’8″
Nakawa: The Prince. Good looking and confident. Pop/R&B second tenor. 5’8″ – 5’10”
Kibibi: The Princess. Sweet and impatient. Pop/gospel second soprano with high belt to E. 5’4″ – 5’8″
SUBMISSION AND ONLINE AUDITION CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS:
This is a 2 step process. Candidates must submit AND check-in to the audition to be considered.STEP 1 – SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
- Please click “My_Profile” to create or update your performer profile.
- Under the LINKS section, upload your video audition link(s) of the Vocal material to your profile. YouTube links are preferred. Please have the link set as “unlisted”.
- Candidates are encouraged to submit your best 16 bars (with accompaniment) of a song of your choosing in appropriate material that best highlights your abilities.
- Links to vocal reels are also encouraged.
- Candidates without own song/accompaniment, please use one of the below if not submitting a song of own choosing.
- Links to Audition Material:
STEP 2 – CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS
- Visit Checkin.DisneyAuditions.com.
- Click on audition titled “ONLINE SUBMISSIONS: Vocalists for Celebration of Festival of the Lion King“.
- Take your selfie to complete the check-in process.
- Please only submit yourself once.
Submissions will be accepted through January 17, 2022; 3PM Eastern Time.
Potential in-person callbacks will be held February 9 in New York, NY and February 17 in Orlando, FL. Candidates must be available for one of the in-person callbacks to be considered. Candidates who are considered for a callback will be contacted by the end of January.
- Please click the “My Profile” button at the top of DisneyAuditions.com to create or update your profile before submitting to the audition.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and authorized to work in the United States.
Performers employed by the Walt Disney World® Resort are covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with Actors’ Equity Association.
The show has incredibly talented vocalists and dancers at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and often blows Guests out of the water leaving them singing along, dancing, and at times, feeling quite emotional from the spectacle that is being created before their eyes.
Disney describes the show as:
The Circle of Life – Live on Stage
Join the inhabitants of the Pride Lands for a grand gala in honor of Simba, the lion cub who would be king.
As the lights dim, hear the sounds of the African savanna. A kinetic kaleidoscope of color floods the stage as colossal puppets, extravagantly costumed dancers, and incredible stilt walkers dazzle the senses.
During spectacular theatrics, you’ll relive all the classic songs from The Lion King, including “Hakuna Matata” and “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?” The spectacular finale includes a soaring rendition of “Circle of Life.”
It’s a moving and immersive theatrical experience celebrating music that has touched generations of Disney fans—and a festival you’ll want to be part of again and again!
Would you ever want to audition for a role at Disney? What is your dream role?
Let the expert team at Academy Travel help you plan your next magical vacation to Walt Disney World Resort’s four theme parks — Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios — and the Disney Springs shopping and dining district!