Boy has August 3 been a great day for Disneyland fans across the globe! Disney has announced its newly reimagined Annual Pass Program, and it will be called the Magic Key Program — with those having a Magic Key Pass being called Magic Key Holders. For Guests who purchase the new Magic Keys, Disneyland will be celebrating you with a ton of exciting benefits!
Not only do Guests who purchase their Magic Key within the first 66 days receive a special welcome package, but Disneyland will be celebrating the new Magic Keys with events taking place at the Disneyland Resort.
First and foremost, it seems that the Alfresco Tasting Terrace, which will close on August 16, is being reimagined as the Magic Key Terrace — indicating that the space will continue to be available to only Key Holders. Before the pandemic, and picking up once again this past May, Alfresco Tasting Terrace had only been available to Annual Passholders, who then became Legacy Passholder when Disney canceled the program.
In addition to the Magic Key Terrace, here are some more exciting benefits coming down the path for Magic Key Holders, per the Disneyland website:
- Magic Key Holder Month: a month-long celebration of Magic Key holders
- Special Experiences & Collectibles: access exciting, unique experiences and collectible keepsakes designed with you in mind—including special offerings during festivals!
- First Access Opportunities: be among the first to have the opportunity to access exciting new offerings at the Disneyland Resort throughout the year, including select new merchandise collections
- Downtown Disney District: discounts at participating locations
- Magic Key Merchandise, Novelties, Menu Items and More: Show your Magic Key pride! Opportunity to purchase Magic Key holder-themed popcorn buckets, sippers and menu items throughout the year.
- Magic Key Disney PhotoPass Opportunities: enjoy special photo spots and other opportunities sprinkled in throughout the year.
- Magic Key embroidery: special options available for Magic Key holders at select locations in the parks
Plus, enjoy periodic offers available throughout the year that only Disney can provide.
The new Magic Key program will give Guests the ability to purchase one of four Keys — the Dream Key, the Believe Key, the Enchant Key, and the Imagine Key. The Dream Key is the most expensive, but it includes no blackout dates and parking at the theme park. The Imagine Key is the most affordable, but is available only to Southern California Residents.
Magic Key sales begin on August 25 and can be purchased from either the Disneyland website or by going into the Disneyland Mobile App.
Are you excited to see Alfresco Tasting Terrace become Magic Key Terrace? What other Magic Key benefits do you love? Let us know in the comments!
CLICK HERE to book your Disneyland Resort vacation with our friends at Academy Travel – an EarMarked Diamond travel agency that can provide you with a free quote today!