Today is the official start of World Princess Week, which is part of Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration. Disney is celebrating in a variety of ways, including launching a concert tour starring various Disney princesses. Now, it seems that Hasbro is joining in on the fun!
Hasbro has released an Ultimate Princess Celebration castle for the event. Still, instead of just having the castle posted on their website, it is being listed as an official castle the home buyers can purchase on the real-estate website Zillow!
The press release for the new toy listing notes:
Hasbro, Inc. will officially join Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration, with the announcement of a new Princess castle, available at most major retailers. In honor of the campaign and Disney’s first-ever World Princess Week on August 23 – 29, Hasbro has partnered with online real estate marketplace Zillow to create an interactive online listing for its new Hasbro’s Disney Princess Ultimate Celebration Castle.*
Once upon a time, there was a Zillow listing that made your Disney Princess dreams come true. Beginning today, Disney Princess fans and Zillow surfers alike can browse the Ultimate Princess Celebration Castle listing live on Zillow.com.* The magical listing includes details on the fully furnished rooms and interior design, including vintage appliances, a transforming garden swing fit for royalty, lofty windows, and even an elegant clawfoot tub. Interested “buyers” can check out the listing for insight on the castle’s previous visitors and maybe even become one themselves. With this listing, fairytales are only a block away!
On Zillow, the castle is listed as the Ultimate Celebration Castle. It has 1 bed, 1 bath, and three floors, but the description notes that there are, in fact, six rooms that can fit 12 Disney Princess Heroes! The rooms description reads:
Make this castle your kingdom! Standing at an impressive four feet tall, this storybook castle entertains twelve Disney Princess heroes (dolls sold separately.)
Complete with six furnished rooms, an ensuite bath and a walk-in closet, this home will bring your imagination to life! The property is even movable and can be placed on any lot of your liking. Regardless of the lot, this palace has an upstairs window that lights up to look like a fireworks show with music —the perfect feature for an owner who loves to entertain. The castle of your dreams can be yours. Act soon!
The home details are also very intricate and fitting for any princess.
- Bedroom features: Bed with golden headboard/footboard, vanity table & stool
- Bathroom features: Sink and golden tub
- Kitchen features: Stove, sink, forks, spoons, and plates
- Dining room description: Complete with table, chairs and a golden chandelier. Tea for two is set on the table.
- A third floor balcony to enjoy the view.
- The upstairs window lights up like fireworks while music plays, so you can imagine watching a spectacular fireworks show.
- All rooms come fully-furnished!
- Stories: 3
- Features a beautiful outdoor garden swing that converts to a sofa for relaxing indoors.
- Lot size: Endless
- Lot features: Make the world your backyard. This castle can be placed on any lot of your liking.
The listing also has photos of the previous visitors!
- Belle (Beauty and the Beast)
- Jasmine (Aladdin)
- Rapunzel (Tangled)
- Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
- Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
- Moana (Moana)
- Cinderella (Cinderella)
- Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
- Snow White (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs)
- Mulan (Mulan)
- Pocahontas (Pocahontas)
- Merida (Brave)
If you click “shop now,” the link brings you to Amazon, where Disney fans can purchase the toy castle for $157.99
What do you think of this marketing tactic that Hasbro and Zillow used to promote this Disney princess castle?