Chocolate and Valentine’s Day go together like Mickey and Minnie Mouse — They’re a great example of love and being kind to those you love.
So what are you planning for your sweetheart this year? Handmade gifts are always a good way to go to celebrate your loved ones by putting in a little extra effort into their treats. It can even be an added bonus to a gift you already had planned for the Disney fan love of your life like Valentine’s Day Disney Loungefly or Minnie Mouse Ears.
Mickey’s Chocolate-Dipped Valentine Cookies
Don’t worry if you don’t have a Valentine this year, because you do –Yourself! Treat yourself to a batch of these delicious cookies to satisfy your sweet tooth and Disney love. You deserve that love too!
Recipe Source: Disney Family
- Batch of sugar cookie dough (homemade or store-bought)
- Red food coloring Disposable food preparation gloves (for kneading food coloring into the dough)
- Plastic wrap
- Rolling pin
- Flour Wax paper
- Heart cookie cutter (about 2.5 inches wide)
- Baking sheets
- Cooling rack
- Dark cocoa candy melts
- Small microwavable mixing bowl
- White licorice candies – two for each cookie
- Knead red food coloring into the cookie dough. Then flatten the dough into a disk and wrap it tightly in plastic. Chill the dough until firm.
- Heat the oven. Working on a flour-dusted sheet of wax paper, roll out the chilled dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut heart shapes from the dough. Bake the cookies according to the recipe directions and then let them cool completely.
- Melt a cup or so of the candy melts in the microwave according to the package directions.
- Dip the top of each heart in the melted chocolate (if needed, gently scrape the back of the cookie against the rim of the bowl to remove any excess coating). Place the dipped cookies on a wax paper-lined tray.
- For the finishing touch, use dabs of the leftover melted candy (applied with the tip of a toothpick) to attach a pair of white licorice candy “buttons” to the lower portion of each heart.
Disney Valentine’s Day Ideas
You can start by setting the mood with the ultimate Disney Valentine’s Day playlist. Pour a glass of warm milk or wine to pair with the Mickey’s Chocolate-Dipped Valentine’s Cookie and relax on the couch.
You can also pack this up and take it outside if the weather is warm enough and enjoy a lovely picnic at the park. Ellie and Carl would definitely approve of this date!
Will you be baking up these adorable cookies for Valentine’s Day? Let us know in the comments below.