No need for a spoonful of sugar! Just dab in this rouge and use the Mary Poppins makeup powder compact… just like in the Disney movie! Besame cosmetics has created a licensed makeup line in honor of everyone’s favorite Disney nanny, including a gift set and a la carte items, the Mary Poppins makeup line is already flying high like a kite!
Mary Poppins Makeup Collection
Mary Poppins actually uses her compact twice in the 1965 film adaptation. First, when she sits upon the clouds in the opening sequence. Her umbrella almost slips down while she powders her nose! Secondly, during the chimney sweep sequence, mary notices soot on her face and decides to powder… but everything is so soot-covered, she ends up making her nose even dirtier!
You’ll want to notice the delicate flower pattern on her gold compact… it’s been recreated for you to own!
In a description from Besame, we learn more about the Mary Poppins makeup collection: “The magic of Disney’s ‘Mary Poppins’ comes to life in our latest collection. From artwork inspired by the film to a recreation of Mary’s compact, these collectible cosmetics immerse you in the world of 17 Cherry Tree Lane.
The set includes:
- Practically Perfect Powder: Based on the design of Mary Poppins’ compact in the film, this translucent powder sets makeup and reduces shine. The plastic compact is adorned with Mary’s signature floral design and comes with puff for easy touch-ups throughout the day.
- Poppins Red Lipstick: Our luxurious, highly pigmented lipstick stays put whether you’re flying over London or having tea on the ceiling! Based on the lip color used in the film, this rich red encased in Mary’s signature floral design will look lovely for any occasion. $25, available a la carte.
- Mary’s Cream Rouge: This lip and cheek tint is a color that matches Mary’s lipstick! It comes in a custom tin with Mary’s beautiful floral pattern. With high pigment and a creamy texture, this pink rouge with a hint of coral is ideal for any skin tone.
Plus, with every purchase, shoppers will get the above Mary Poppins shopping tote free! It features Mary Poppins in her “sidewalk chalk park” outfit, with penguin butlers tending to her needs while kites fly overhead, all in a gold print.
The makeup collection itself is really the star of the show, in its silk-lined gift box. Inside the lid, you’ll find Mary Poppins’ measuring tape font depicting the inscription, “Mary Poppins: Practically perfect in every way.” Available now on preorder from Besame cosmetics, the gift set sells for $68 and is not available for discounts.
VOTES FOR WOMEN! There’s one more special addition to this collection, coming in the form of Mrs. Banks’ lipstick and nail polish. Plus with every Mrs. Banks Set, shoppers will get collectible Mary Poppins Postcards, recreating Bert’s Chalk Drawings. $35 at Besame Cosmetics
To celebrate the women’s rights crusader of 17 Cherry Lane, Gabriela created the Mrs. Banks Set! Each piece is based on artwork from Disney’s Mary Poppins. The luxurious, long wearing lipstick and nail polish are inspired by the colors seen in the film. The Mrs. Banks Set includes:
- Mrs. Banks Lipstick: Whether you’re marching or flying a kite, this creamy, super pigmented lipstick will stay in place. This light peachy hue is inspired by Mrs. Banks lip color in Mary Poppins and comes in a collectible tube with colors that match her delightful blue and yellow dress!
- Nail Polish: A light peach with a hint of shimmer, this nail polish is perfect for any glamorous suffragette. Vegan and 12-Free, the color goes perfectly with the Mrs. Banks lipstick and is inspired by the nail polish seen in the film.
Which of these perfectly magical makeup sets will you don this season? Leave us a comment below!