It’s the day after Thanksgiving and some of us are still recovering from a food coma, but what are we doing with all those Thanksgiving leftovers?
Well, with the help of Disney, we can now use all of those leftovers to recreate a whole different dish from one of the EPCOT International Festival of the Holiday Kitchens. This festival has spectacular mini feasts from holiday cuisine around the world, and this menu item is one you’ll find at, you guessed it, the American Holiday Table.
Leftover Stuffing Waffles With Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, And Homemade Cranberry Sauce
Recipe Source: EPCOT® International Festival of the Holidays
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Zest of 1 orange
- 4 1/2 cups leftover stuffing, crumbled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Vegetable oil, for brushing waffle maker
- 1 pound warmed leftover turkey, sliced
- 2 cups warmed leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cups warmed leftover gravy
FOR CRANBERRY SAUCE:
- Stir together cranberries, sugar, water, and orange zest in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, until sugar dissolves and cranberries are soft.
- Increase heat to medium and cook about 12 minutes, or until cranberries burst. Cool to room temperature before serving.
- Preheat waffle maker to medium-high. Combine stuffing, eggs, and 1/4 cup cream. If the mixture is too dry and not spreadable in the waffle maker pockets, add more cream as needed, until the mixture is just wet enough to spread.
- Generously brush the top, bottom, and all pockets of the waffle maker with oil.
- Evenly and firmly pack each pocket of the waffle maker filled with a stuffing mixture. (Note: If using a mini waffle maker this will make 112-14 mini waffles. A larger waffle maker (6″-8″ in diameter will yield 6-8 waffles.) Close and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes, until golden and the waffles easily lift out of the waffle maker.
- Place two mini waffles or one large waffle on each plate. Top each with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and cranberry sauce.
Voila! Bon appetit! We can’t guarantee that this recipe won’t put you into a second food coma, but it’s sure to make round two of your Thanksgiving meal delicious.
Today’s the opening day of this year’s EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays so stop by the American Holiday Table and see how your Leftover Stuffing Waffles compared to Disney’s, as well as, try out some traditional treats from other countries! And if you need a pick me up from all those tastings, stop by Joffrey’s for a coffee and a treat!