After Disney announced yesterday that Disneyland will be making the Disney Vacation Club rooms at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa available for members we knew they were going to go FAST, and they did.
Here are some details about what is no longer available:
- Deluxe Studio: From December until late June, Deluxe Studios are mostly waitlist-only with very few days of availability, and days available do not open up until July!
- One-Bedroom Villa: December and January are waitlisted only. February has a few days of availability but things open up in March onward. This appears to have the best availability of all the room types.
- Two-Bedroom Lock-Off Villa: Most dates are waitlist only from December from until June, July and August are available.
- Two-Bedroom Villa: Waitlist-only from December through June. In June it opens up through August with some availability.
- Three-Bedroom Grand Villa: Mostly waitlist from December onward but has good availability in March. You will see the waitlist pick up again from April to May with a few scattered available days, but all of July and August are open.
After such a long time of Guests not being able to stay on Disneyland property for so long, it really is no wonder that people are leaping at the chance to stay at The Grand Californian.
Unfortunately, non-DVC guests will not be able to book a room at any of the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort in 2020. We will continue to wait on more information out of Disneyland on when non-DVC members will be able to enjoy a stay at the Grand Californian or the Disneyland Hotel.
Here is the announcement from Disney yesterday about the DVC room becoming available for members again in December:
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will once again welcome Members home beginning December 6. During this initial phase, the Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will be open only for Members. The rest of Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will remain closed. As we work towards reopening, promoting health and safety for our Guests and Cast Members is a top priority. Our gradual, phased approach to reopening considers the guidance of government and local health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in addition to the U.S. Travel Association and the Disney team of health professionals. Additional information on what to expect at The Villas during your stay will be shared soon.
Are you trying to book a stay at the Grand Californian? Did you snag a night or two? Let us know in the comments!