D23 will host a special drive-in screening of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back at the Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena, CA. The event will take place at 7 p.m. on September 11th.
Here is what they had to say on the official D23 website:
Hello, what have we here? D23 Members are invited to “punch it” to Pasadena, California, for a 40th anniversary drive-in screening of The Empire Strikes Back at the Rose Bowl Stadium!
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back is one of the most beloved sequels in movie history, expanding the Star Wars galaxy and bringing to life so many elements of the saga still cherished by fans today.
We invite you to join us in this most impressive, socially-distanced experience as we celebrate 40 years of this groundbreaking film! Guests are encouraged to dress up, ignite their lightsabers, and enjoy this epic on the big screen! No disintegrations, please.
We think this sounds like so much fun and we can’t wait to grab some popcorn and watch!
How to attend
If you would like to attend this D23 event here is how! First off you neem to be a member of D23, you can sign up on their website. Next, you need to book a ticket, for gold & gold family members it is $35 per car, and for general members it is $45 per car.
They also have a few simple rules on their website, so check these out before you head to the drive-in,
- D23 General, Gold, and Gold Family Members may reserve one ticket for one car per membership.
- Ticket fee is a flat rate per vehicle and all guests must arrive in the same car.
- All guests in each vehicle must bring a face covering to enter the premises. No exceptions.
- In compliance with State and County requirements, we have established the following safety guidelines to protect our guests and staff:
- Guests must remain in their vehicles for the duration of the movie. No sitting outside of the vehicle will be allowed.
- Congregating of any type is prohibited.
- Face coverings must be worn when exiting vehicles to pick up concessions or visit the restrooms. Restrooms will operate at 50 percent capacity with attendants cleaning and disinfecting regularly.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet will be enforced.
- Alcohol is prohibited.
- You will be tuning in to a designated FM station once you arrive to play the audio while you’re watching on the big screen. Instructions will be given, and assistance will be offered when you arrive.
- D23 Members attending must bring their photo ID and event tickets or they will not be admitted to the event.
- All D23 Events are subject to change without notice. There are strictly no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
This event sounds like a BLAST, we cannot wait to see more events just like this one! Click here to get your tickets!
Are you attending this special D23 event? Let us know in the comments!