With the well renowned Victoria & Albert’s currently unavailable, it seems in perfect timing that D23 would share one of the restaurants mouth-watering recipes for all of us to try.
Victoria & Albert’s Stilton Cheesecake Recipe
This popular cheesecake is easy to bake and full of flavor. You’ll feel like you’re right at the Grand Floridian Resort when you take the first bite! Make sure you have the following ingredients for prep and let’s get baking!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter (packed), cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup Stilton cheese, rind discarded and cheese crumbled
- 1 1/4 cup or 10 oz. cream cheese, softened (packed)
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
View this post on Instagram
Colston Bassett stilton cheesecake with burgundy pears from The Chefs Table, Victoria and Alberts, Grand Floridian Resort and Spa ??? #disney #disneyfood #disneydining #grandfloridianresortandspa #dinner #thechefstable #colstonbassettstilton #stiltoncheesecake #stilton #cheesecake #burgundypears #yum #tasty #foodies #foodiesofig #foodiesofinstagram #foodiesforever #orlando #florida #america #usa #holiday #vacation #culinaryadventuresofjackal
FOR SHORTBREAD CRUST:
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Blend together flour and sugar.
- Add butter and blend until mixture resembles coarse meal (it will not form a dough)
- Press into the bottom of 48 buttered mini muffin cups (1 3/4” x 1”) or transfer into buttered 9 1/2-inch springform pan and spread evenly and press into bottom.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes on the middle rack of the oven until pale golden.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Beat together crumbled Stilton, cream cheese, and sugar in a large bowl with mixer on low speed.
- Beat in eggs (add one at a time) beating well after each addition. Add flour.
- Beat in sour cream and vanilla until just blended.
- Pour filling over cooled crust in mini muffin cups or springform pan.
- Bake cheesecake in a water bath in the middle of oven for 30 minutes until puffed and pale golden around the edge.
- Transfer to rack and run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Chill covered, until cold, at least 4 hours, before serving.
Victoria & Albert’s Restaurant
Victoria & Albert’s restaurant can be found at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort at Walt Disney World, and is well known for its top notch dining experience. From the elegant dining room to a more intimate experience at the chef’s table, you can be sure that you’ll enjoy a meal of the highest quality. The menu — while leaning towards a higher price point — is full of food sourced from around the world and exquisite wine pairings.
The restaurant is currently unavailable for dining, but be sure to follow along with Inside the Magic for more park and dining updates in the months to come.
Have you ever tried the stilton cheesecake before? Will you be making this in your home? Let us know in the comments below.