Calling all Disneyland Resort fans and weekend visitors! We have some awesome news for you. Downtown Disney has officially extended its operating hours on the weekends!
Since Downtown Disney reopened earlier this month, the shopping, dining, and entertainment district was open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. However, now on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, through the month of August, Downtown Disney will now stay open through 9 p.m. We’re so excited!
Downtown Disney officially reopened to the public on July 9, kick-starting the phased reopening of Disneyland Resort. We have not yet heard a reopening date for the Disneyland and Disney California Adventure theme parks or the three onsite hotels (Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa). However, Guests can still embrace the magic of Disney at Downtown Disney.
Below are some helpful tips that Disney has shared with us. These tips can help ensure that your visit to Downtown Disney is as magical as any day at Disneyland Resort, the Happiest Place on Earth.
- Starting TODAY, Friday, July 31, and running through the month of August, the Downtown Disney District will stay open until 9 pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays! Operating hours may vary per location for Operating Participants.
- To promote physical distancing based on guidance from health authorities and government officials, entry to the Downtown Disney District may occasionally be paused due to limited capacity. At such time, parking in the Simba Parking Lot and admission of Guests choosing to enter Downtown Disney District on foot will also be paused. Entry to the Downtown Disney District and the Simba Parking Lot will resume as soon as they are able. Digital message boards on Disneyland Drive and Katella Avenue will indicate when entry is paused due to capacity limitations. As always, we thank our Guests for their patience.
- For the time being, parking at Simba Lot is complimentary!
- Remember to bring an appropriate face covering for all guests, ages 2 and above. Learn more about the specific details on appropriate face coverings here.
- Download the official Disneyland app to make the most of your visit. We strongly recommend that you have the latest version of the app on your mobile device before you visit, with location services and notifications enabled. The app will help you find all the details you need, including shopping and dining locations, hours and more!
- Continue to check Disneyland.com/DTD for the latest details, as information is updated often. These include our health and safety measures, things to expect, and more!
Note that Disneyland Resort is also currently accepting new vacation bookings. If you are interested in booking a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth, click here to work with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner at Academy Travel!
Are you excited for the extended operating hours at Downtown Disney? Do you plan to visit this weekend to get your grub on at a restaurant like Tortilla Jo’s or Ballast Point? Share your Disney plans with us in the comments!