Walt Disney World Resort is introducing a new Mobile Dine Check-In feature to allow Guests to check in for dining reservations using their My Disney Experience app on their mobile device, instead of checking in at a traditional podium at the front of a table service restaurant.
Disney has stated that they are going to be implementing enhanced technology that goes beyond just using mobile order on the My Disney Experience app, the official app of Walt Disney World Resort. Considering the health and safety protocol that will be in place when the Disney Parks reopen mid-July, it comes as no surprise to many Disney fans that the company is turning to a wider use of the My Disney Experience app to help with social distancing.
Below is the announcement in which Disney shared that Guests will be using technologies to minimize contact at dining locations:
Use convenient technologies to minimize your contact with others:
- Mobile Order Service: A time-saving feature of the My Disney Experience app, mobile order service enables you to order ahead at select dining locations and pick up food during a designated arrival window.
- Mobile Check-In for Reservations: Check in to your dining reservations at select table-service restaurants using the new mobile check-in feature on the My Disney Experience app. There’s no need to visit the host stand to check in!
Below is the official description of Disney World’s new Mobile Dine Check-In:
Mobile Dine Check-in
Now you can check in for dining reservations at select table-service restaurants via the My Disney Experience mobile app!
This convenient feature enables you to maximize your vacation time with family and friends—and minimize your contact with others.
Note: Mobile check-in is only supported by devices running Android or iOS with the latest version of the My Disney Experience app installed and location services enabled.
How It Works
It’s easy to use mobile check-in during your visit. All you need is your phone, the My Disney Experience app and a dining reservation at a participating restaurant!
Here’s how it works:
- When your check-in window arrives, you’ll receive a push notification prompting you to check in via the app. Or, you can begin the check-in process by scanning a QR code located in the restaurant’s lobby. There’s no need to visit the host stand to check in.
- From the push notification or QR code, you’ll be able to check in for your reservation—and confirm your arrival time and party details.
- Once your table is ready, you’ll be notified to proceed to a specified location.
Keep in mind that Disney will be updating the official website with more information soon, including a list of all the available dining locations that will be accepting Mobile Dine Check-in.
The announcement of the new Mobile Dine Check-In feature comes not long after Disney World shared that more experiences and updates would be coming soon to the Disney World app. Disney is currently in the process of rolling out new features for the My Disney Experience app, including the ability to virtually chat with a Disney Cast Member. You can read more here.
Disney also shared today that Walt Disney World Resort Guests will be able to start making dining reservations for Disney Resort hotels and Disney Springs beginning this Thursday. Keep in mind, however, that Guests will still only be able to book up to 60 days in advance.