One of the latest internet food trends is almost as adorable as it is tasty. People all over have been attempting to make miniature versions of their favorite sweet treats and turning them into cereal!
There have been mini waffle cereal, mini pancake cereal, mini croissant cereal and the latest — homemade cookie cereal. What’s even cuter than just a simple miniature dessert, is the attempt at creating a Mickey Mouse cookie cereal.
View this post on Instagram
°○° Mickey Shaped Sugar Cookie cereal °○° I felt left out with the homemade cookie cereal trend…#isheep ? . . . . . . #disneymagicmoments #disneymagic #disneyfoodie #mickeyshapedcookies #cookiecereal #disneycereal #disneyathome #cereal #sugarcookies #homemade #cookiecrisp #foodbeast #mydisneyhome #mickeyshapedfood #mickeyshaped #mickeymouse #disneyrecipes #disneyeats #hungrydisney #disneyfix #disney #disneyfood #disneythings #disneyfoodblogger #disneyhomemade #disneygram #disneytreats #disneylove #disneylife
Magical Mickey Mornings!
I know I love to start my morning with a little magic. Whether that’s drinking coffee out of my favorite Disney mug or listening to Pixar scores while I get ready, Disney Magic is an integral part of my day.
With this cookie cereal, I can even add in a Disney-inspired treat that will make me feel like I’m having breakfast at one of my favorite Disney Resorts again. A girl can dream right?
View this post on Instagram
MICKEY COOKIE CEREAL!!! ??????????????? We loved the trending pancake cereal so much that we decided to give cookie cereal a try. Cookies and milk are already a classic duo, so we knew this new trend would also be delicious, and it is! ??????????????? You can use store bought cookie dough to make things easier. We cooked our cookies until they were crispy so that they wouldn’t immediately get soggy when we added the milk, which worked out perfectly! ??????????????? These popular cereal trends are so cute to make into Mickey shapes, plus they’re super tasty! . . . #disney #mickeymouse #cookiecereal #disneyeats #yum #sundayfunday
Mickey Mouse Cookie Cereal
The great thing about this super sweet trend is that you can make any type of cookie cereal that you want. Whether it’s got a base of rice crispy treat, Oreo, or warm chocolate churro pieces, it is sure to taste amazing!
But for this recipe, we’re going to stick classic with a chocolate chip cookie cereal. This Food Network cookie recipe is the perfect base for this cereal. It has been modified slightly to add in a little Disney flair. If you want a more simple option — you could always get a peel and bake option from the grocery store!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips, or chunks
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- Evenly position 2 racks in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. (on convection setting if you have it.) Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone sheets. (If you only have 1 baking sheet, let it cool completely between batches.)
- Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave on medium power until melted. (Alternatively melt in a small saucepan.) Cool slightly. Whisk the sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon; take care not to over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Scoop small amounts of dough onto the prepared pans. Wet hands slightly and roll the dough into mini balls. Form them into miniature mickey heads and space them about 2-inches apart on the pans. Bake, until golden, but still soft in the center. Bake for 10 minutes, checking the cookies frequently. Because they are smaller, they will cook faster.
- Transfer hot cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool. Serve.
Will you be attempting to make your own mini-dessert cereal? Let us know in the comments.