To help our Inside the Magic readers who are existing ticket holders and plan to book their reservations for the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks, here are some things that Disney has shared with us.
- You’ll need a My Disney Experience account, as this is where your Walt Disney World Resort plans are stored and managed.
- You’ll also need a valid theme park ticket or Annual Pass that’s linked to your My Disney Experience account.
- If you have a Disney Resort hotel reservation, be sure to link it to your My Disney Experience account beforehand, as well.
As a reminder, Disney will not open new availability at a pre-announced time of day and will continue to use virtual waiting rooms as needed. As Disney has shared before, they anticipate many Guests will begin making their park reservations right away, so wait times may be longer earlier in the day. Keep in mind that there has not been a specified time when the Disney Park Pass will open tomorrow, June 28.
It’s also important to keep the following details in mind:
- Existing ticket holders will be able to make reservations for the number of days of valid theme park admission.
- To provide existing ticket holders with additional flexibility, partially used multi-day theme park tickets with a usage window impacted by park closure, or date-specific theme park tickets purchased through June 6, 2020 with a valid use period beginning March 12, 2020 or later, will automatically be extended to use any date through September 26, 2021. Florida Resident Discover Disney Tickets may be used through September 30, 2020.
- At this time, guests will be able to select one park per day; visiting more than one park per day will be temporarily unavailable upon the reopening of the theme parks due to attendance limitations. Guests with existing tickets that include the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option have options available to them for ticket modifications and cancellations, and can visit DisneyWorld.com/Updates for more.
- Ensure your ticket is linked to your My Disney Experience account for each member of your travel party.
- Contact the Disney Reservation Center via phone or online chat if these tips do not resolve the issue. Please note that we are experiencing a high call and chat volume at this time.
Additionally, 2021 Walt Disney World Resort theme park ticket sales begin tomorrow. Disney has shared that Guests will be able to view park reservation availability online prior to purchasing their tickets. Later this summer, Disney World will resume sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort hotel arrivals, based on availability of park reservations, while Disney continues to provide guests with existing tickets and Annual Passholders the opportunity to make park reservations for 2020 dates.
For more information on the Disney Park Pass system, take a look at the helpful video below:
Are you an existing ticket holder who plans to make reservations for the theme parks using the Disney Park Pass system tomorrow? Let us know in the comments!
Don’t forget to contact the expert Disney Vacation Planners at Academy Travel to help you put together your dream trip. Academy Travel can help you navigate the theme parks in 2020 and 2021 with these changes and new systems in place. Get in-touch for a free quote today!