Whether you’re hosting a Mickey Mouse birthday party or you’re looking for a way to add some extra magic to everyday dessert, these Mickey and Friends cupcake cones are the cutest Disney treat!
Part cupcake, part ice cream cone, this unique dessert recipe will wow your guests (and your family) with four adorable styles modeled after Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Daisy!
Mickey & Friends Cupcake Cones (Courtesy of Disney)
What You Need:
- 18-20 Oz. (or 4-5 Cups) cake
- 6-8 Tbsps vanilla frosting
- 8 Oz. dark chocolate candy melts
- 10 Oz. white chocolate candy melts
- Red, blue, green, pink, and purple food coloring
- Zip-top bags
- Waffle cones
- 2 round, yellow candies
What You Do:
1. Break the cake into chunks and add to a food processor until finely crumbed. Then mix in frosting until a light dough-like texture is formed.
2. Form into 4 balls, making sure the balls are able to fit over the top of the waffle cones. Refrigerate the cake truffle balls until firm, about 1-2 hours.
3. Melt dark chocolate candy melts in a microwave and dip 2 of the cake truffle balls in, until they are fully covered. This is to form Mickey and Minnie. Let the chocolate set at room temperature (about 10 minutes).
4. Repeat the above step with white chocolate candy melts, to form Donald and Daisy.
5. Tint the white candy melts using the food coloring as needed. Then add to zip-top bags and snip the corner. Pipe the following onto parchment paper: ribbons for Daisy and Minnie, Donald’s bow tie and signature hat, and the party hats. Pipe Mickey and Minnie’s ears using the dark chocolate candy melts. Let the decorations set at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
6. To form the Mickey cone, dip the top of a waffle cone, as well as the bottom half of a dark chocolate cake truffle ball, into melted red chocolate. Place the cake truffle ball on the cone. Then add 2 yellow candies for buttons. Let the chocolate set. Repeat to form the Minnie cone (except for adding the “buttons”).
7. Repeat the above step with the white chocolate cake truffle balls to form Donald and Daisy, using blue and purple candy melts respectively—adding Donald’s bow tie while the chocolate on his cone is still wet.
8. To add Mickey and Minnie’s ears and Donald’s signature hat, dab a little melted chocolate on them and adhere to the sides of the truffle balls, holding in place for a minute or so until the chocolate is set. Repeat with Daisy and Minnie’s ribbons, as well as all the party hats.
9. All done! Enjoy your Disney cupcake cones!
Are you going to make this cupcake cone recipe for your next Mickey party or Disney family fun night? Tell us in the comments!