On the heels of the recent news regarding the phased re-opening of Disney Springs, the shopping, dining, and entertainment mecca of the Walt Disney World Resort, restaurants that will be part of that initial wave to open back their businesses, have shared new details regarding the protocol that will be in place when they open their doors.
Wine Bar George, one of the restaurants that we know will open their doors beginning May 20th, posted on their special events page on their website a special announcement detailing the updates.
Wine Bar George will reopen Wednesday, May 20 at noon. We are committed to ensuring a safe environment for our guests and team members. See below for more detail on our safety measures. We look forward to seeing you soon.
WINE BAR GEORGE HEALTH & SAFETY PROMISES
To ensure everyone’s safety we promise the following to our guests:
- We will continue to be a leader in safe sanitation practices with all team members certified in safe food handling and a certified manager on every shift.
- We will continue to employ strict kitchen sanitation standards.
- All team members will pass a health check prior to their shift. Only healthy team members will be allowed in the restaurant.
- All team members will wash their hands often. Hand sanitizer/hand washing stations will be available to all guests and employees.
- All indoor and outdoor seating options will comply with social distancing guidelines.
- We will clean, disinfect and sanitize common areas and surfaces regularly.
- We will clean, disinfect and sanitize each dining area after every use.
- Place settings, tables, chairs, utensils and condiments will be cleaned and sanitized after every use.
- All menus will be contactless. We will use digital menus, guests will view menus with their own personal device.
- We encourage using our contactless payment options.
- Guests will be seated to comply with social distancing guidelines.
Wine Bar George Guests:
- If you have been exposed to COVID-19 recently or have symptoms of COVID-19 please help us keep everyone safe by staying home.
- We are asking all guests to adhere to recommended social distancing and sanitary guidelines to protect you and our other customers and team members.
According to the guidelines set in place by the Reopen Florida task force, we anticipate other restaurants and retailers to follow similar protocols as they slowly open back for business. The current guidelines set by the state include having hand sanitizer at every table, employees wearing face masks, temperature checks for staff prior to shifts, doors to be wiped regularly, seated tables six feet apart to encourage social distancing, and more.
Although My Disney Experience is still not showing any dining reservation availability for any May dates yet, the third-party dining reservation booking website, OpenTable, is showing availability.
In a recent statement from Disney, guests were encouraged to check back for updated details, which we presume will include availability for dining reservations, as the reopening date gets closer.
Will you be visiting Disney Springs once it officially reopens? Or do you feel this opening is premature considering the current health pandemic? Let us know in the comments! And be sure to keep checking back with us here at Inside the Magic as we bring you the latest in Disney news and pixie-dusted content.