Disney movies are supposed to be a source of inspiration for your everyday life, and drinking is definitely included. While we have shared other recipes of official Disney drinks or other Disney-inspired drinks, I decided to try and create my own this weekend.
Behold my Disney Drink Creation: “Rapunzel in her Tower” (or a Tangledtini)
What we have is just that: Rapunzel in her tower. You can tell its Rapunzel by her purple dress and her flowing golden hair, and she is sitting high up in her tower. Now, let me tell you how to make it.
- First, put some ice and a few bits of lemon peel in a cocktail shaker.
- Then, add dashes of grenadine syrup and blue curaçao. Make sure you add equal amounts to get that purple color.
- (warning: do NOT use too much grenadine or else your drink will taste like cough medicine)
- Once that’s done, add three parts white rum and shake for at least ten seconds.
- Pour it through a strainer into a martini glass and add a long slice of lemon peel as your garnish (and for her golden hair).
You should get a light purple concoction similar to the shade seen in Disney’s Animated Classic, Tangled. I also want to clarify that brands can be used for this drink and the ones I chose to use pictured above are purely from my own personal preference.
This is a very strong rum drink with a predominantly lemon taste, but it will hopefully get you to see the light. It is also probably one of the most appropriate drinks to enjoy right now as we are all stuck in our proverbial towers like Rapunzel during the current situation.
We at Inside the Magic want to remind all of you that while it is fun to fuse alcohol with Disney Magic, please drink responsibly and NEVER drink and drive.
If you are interested to learn how to make more delicious Disney drinks, please feel free to check out our other drink recipes below:
Learn More: DIY Disney Drinkin’: Trader Sam’s Favorites