Macaroni and cheese is the ultimate comfort food. Even better than making this cheesy treat the traditional way, though, indulging in a mac’n’cheese cone from the Cozy Cone Motel at Disney California Adventure Park!
Since Disneyland Resort is currently closed, though, the next best thing to enjoying a Disney Parks cone while walking through Cars Land is making a copycat Disney macaroni and cheese cone at home. You should already have most of these ingredients on-hand in your kitchen, making this Disney California Adventure recipe an easy option anytime!
Cozy Cone Motel Mac ‘N’ Cheese Cone (Courtesy of Popsugar)
What You Need:
6 manila folders
Tape or staples
6 10-inch-long foil sheets
For pizza cones:
Cooking spray of choice
1 tbsp flour
1 tube of Pillsbury Thin crust pizza dough (or preferred brand)
For mac ‘n’ cheese:
1 lb elbow macaroni
Salt, to taste
1/4 c butter
1/4 c flour
1 c milk
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c cream cheese
Pepper, to taste
6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
What You Do:
- To make cones: Preheat oven to 425ºF to bake cones
- Roll a manila folder into a tight cone, securing the end with a staple or tape. Wrap cone tightly with foil, covering the paper completely. Wrapping the manila cone will protect it from burning while baking. Lightly grease the outside of the cone with cooking spray and set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface, to prevent sticking. With the long side facing you, cut 12 1-inch strips with a knife or pizza cutter. Starting at the tip of the cone, wrap one strip around the bottom and continue working your way up, spiraling as you go. Make sure that each row of dough touches the row underneath it. Add a second strip if needed.
- Repeat step 3 5 times to make 6 cones in all.
- Place cones on greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, rotating once, until dough is golden brown.
- Remove cones from the oven, let cool slightly, and then gently twist the foil cone to remove from the dough. Let cool.
- To make mac ‘n’ cheese: Heat water in a stock pot and salt heavily. Once it boils, cook macaroni for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large stock pot over medium heat, melt butter, and add flour. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the flour is just toasted. Do not burn. Add milk, whisking vigorously to eliminate clumps. Add cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper to taste. Add pasta and stir to combine. Let mac ‘n’ cheese sit for 10 minutes.
- Fill each cone with mac and cheese and garnish with a big scoop of crumbled bacon. Enjoy!
If you want to make it a meal, try these other Disney Parks recipes you can make in your own kitchen! To make an extra-cheesy meal, try this recipe for Toy Story Land’s grilled cheese sandwich. For dessert, give this Dole Whip float recipe a try. It’ll be just like lunch at a Disney theme park without leaving your house!
If you have dietary restrictions, you can substitute dairy free or . ingredients to make your