If you’re missing Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land, you’re in for a treat (literally!) We’ve rounded-up the recipe for the delicious Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tarts from the Woody’s Lunch Box quick service kiosk at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Even though you can experience Extra Magic Hours right now, these lunch box tarts are sure to add some Disney magic to your breakfast table right now. Pair this Woody’s Lunch Box tarts recipe with Toy Story 4 chocolate covered strawberries for even more sweetness!
Woody’s Lunch Box Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tarts
Makes 8 tarts (recipe via Disney)
What You Need:
- 4 c. sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp. coarse salt, divided
- 3 sticks chilled, unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 c. coconut oil
- 3 eggs, divided
- 10 tbsp. water
- 1/2 c. chocolate-hazelnut spread, such as Nutella
- 1 c. confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp. milk, divided
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 4 strips bacon, thoroughly cooked and crumbled
What To Do:
1. For Chocolate Hazelnut Tart: Add flour, sugar, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of salt, butter, coconut oil, and 2 eggs to a large bowl. If you have a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until all ingredients are combined.
2. Add water and mix on low speed for 1 minute. Increase speed and blend until dough is smooth. Do not over-mix.
3. Divide dough into two even balls and wrap in plastic wrap. Rest in refrigerator for 45 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 375°F.
5. Mix remaining 1 egg and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
6. Lightly flour a large cutting board and roll first ball of dough into 1/4-inch thick rectangle. Cut into 8 rectangles, approximately 2-in x 6-in.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place rectangles on it. Brush with reserved egg wash. Spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate-hazelnut spread over each rectangle.
8. Roll remaining ball of dough into 1/4-inch-thick rectangle and cut into 8 2-inch by 6-inch rectangles. Place on top of chocolate hazelnut-covered tarts and seal edges with a fork. Brush top of tarts with the remainder of the egg wash.
9. Bake for 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
10. For Icing: Mix sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Slowly add remaining milk until icing is smooth and spreads easily, but is not runny.
11. Spread icing on each cooled tart and top with bacon pieces. Enjoy!
Your entire family will love this special treat, especially until you can visit Woody’s Lunch Box again. Don’t forget to invite Woody, Jessie, Buzz and the whole Toy Story gang to join you (even if they’re in toy form). Yee-haw!