With the outbreak of both the actual novel coronavirus known as COVID-19, and the even stronger outbreak of fear from it, everybody is now–thankfully–all about hygiene. The CDC and other health officials have hammered home from day one that the best way to consistently defend yourself against any disease is by washing your hands.
Walt Disney World Resort wants to ensure that all its guests have a fun comfortable time during their stay and that includes putting people at ease when it comes to cleanliness. So, you can now find the hand sanitizer stations on Walt Disney World maps, including the maps on the MyDisneyExperience App.
If you can’t find a bathroom to wash your hands or if you just want to follow up handwashing with some alcohol-based hand sanitizer, you can find stations in every theme park and every hotel, as well as several other venues across the property.
According to Walt Disney World’s website:
At Walt Disney World Resort, we’re committed to the health and wellness of our Guests and Cast Members. As part of this commitment, we offer complimentary hand sanitizer and basic first-aid services.
For your convenience, complimentary hand sanitizer is available at select locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort, including:
- Theme Parks: At Baby Care Centers, all-you-care-to-enjoy restaurants, select quick-service restaurants, interactive areas, queues, kid zones and playgrounds
- Resort Hotels: At all-you-care-to-enjoy restaurants, food courts, select quick-service restaurants, playgrounds, arcades, select lobbies, front desks and select elevators
- Disney Springs, Water Parks, Mini Golf Locations and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex: At select quick-service restaurants, Baby Care Centers and other select locations
- Other Places: At select convention areas, entertainment venues, select merchandise locations, security areas, spas and first aid locations
We’re constantly updating, adding and modifying locations as needed.
How to find hand sanitizer locations on the Disney World App
It’s a little complicated to highlight the locations on the MyDisneyExperience App. So, let’s walk through the steps.
- Open the MyDisneyExperience App and Log In.
- Open the Map either by clicking the cut-off map square at the top of the location bubble on the bottom menu.
- Click the center drop-down menu and select the category “guest services” then click “show list” in the top right corner.
- Scroll down until you see “hand sanitizer locations.” Items are in alphabetical order.
- Once you click on that you will get a page with all the same information you would see on the Disney World Website and the option to either show the hand sanitizer location on the map or get directions to the location nearest to you.
The in California also has stations throughout and Disney California Adventure, but those locations are not yet listed on that app.