This just in — Disney has announced changes for Aulani reservations due to the coronavirus spread. The Walt Disney Company has already closed all of its theme parks throughout the world and even though Aulani looks to remain open, Disney is still offering an adjustment to its policy on current Disney vacation cancellation fees.
The Walt Disney Travel Company is now making a temporary adjustment to its policy on cancellation fees for vacations at Disney’s Hawaii Resort — Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa. This applies only to leisure package bookings made through the Walt Disney Travel Company.
And for Hawaii Aulani packages canceled within 30 days, the $200 non-refundable deposit will be waived or refunded if already paid.
The Official Aulani Disney Details:
Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Adjusts Change Fees: Walt Disney Travel Company is making a temporary adjustment to its policy on change fees for vacations at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa. The following applies only to leisure package bookings made through Walt Disney Travel Company:
- Until further notice, Disney will waive the Disney-imposed $50 change fee for Aulani packages.
- Guests may move their reservation to a future date in 2020.
- Changes are subject to availability, and the Guest is responsible for paying any increase in price resulting from the change. In addition, any change fees assessed by other suppliers must be paid, and some products or services may be nonrefundable. If air transportation has been ticketed, the Guest will be responsible for any increase in airfare as well as any change fee assessed by the airline.
- For Guests who purchased travel insurance, there is an updated policy in effect until further notice. Up to 24 hours prior to arrival, Guests may modify their arrival dates and maintain coverage under the protection policy as long as there is not a claim on the original travel dates.
- Some events and dining experiences may not be offered on the new dates and may be nonrefundable.
- This temporary policy does not apply to changes made for groups, meetings, and other room block bookings.
- If a vacation is canceled, all applicable cancellation fees continue to apply.
- For reservations made through Disney Reservation Center or Aulani.com, please call (866) 443-4763 between the hours of 7:00 AM and 9:00 PM (PT).
More Information On Aulani Resort and COVID-19
According to the official website, Aulani Resort remains open. Disney is carefully monitoring the situation related to COVID-19 and are in regular contact with health agencies for information and guidance.
The official webpage reads:
We will continue to implement preventive measures in line with their recommendations and the input of our company’s medical teams. For example, we have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing high-touch surfaces, and we are providing information about illness prevention to our Cast Members.
Aulani Resort has high standards of cleaning and sanitation and has health and safety protocols in place, such as:
- Training for Cast Members with ongoing reinforcement on a regular basis
- Defined cycles for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas
- Easy access to hand-washing facilities
- Cleaning and sanitation of high-touch surface-areas, including handrails, doorknobs, Guest telephones and elevator buttons
- Cleaning and sanitation processes for our secured children’s programming, including oversight of children’s hand-washing before and after meals and at snack time
- End-of-day sanitation procedures for restrooms, kitchens and other facilities
- Frequent cleaning and “wash down” of outdoor locations, including walkways and queues
- Quick response to spills, trash and other situations
The CDC recommends everyday health and safety actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses like COVID-19, such as staying home when sick, washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, following proper respiratory cough etiquette, avoiding close contact with people who are sick and avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands. We continue to communicate these recommendations to our Cast Members.
If you are looking for more details regarding Aulani and the coronavirus, please visit the official Health and Safety FAQ here.