Arrrggg me hearties… Our journey’s end is upon us at last. The Pirates League has decided to cease all merrymaking in the Magic Kingdom this year.
Okay, that’s enough pirate talk. Yes, unfortunately, the Pirates League attraction is closing its doors in the Magic Kingdom on July 27, 2020. A brother establishment to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, the Pirates League turned Disniacs young and old into Pirates, mermaids, and more. If you saw little pirates with black eyes, five-o’clock-shadow, and gruesome scars, it was the work of the Pirates League.
According to Walt Disney World’s website, several different packages were offered, each ending with you receiving your own special name. They included:
- The First Mate Package
- Join the crew with facial effect, sword, bandana, eye patch, and a trove of accessories.
- The Skulls and Scurry Package
- Is it a pirate’s life for you? Brandish a new sword, sheath, necklace, and “scar” facial effect.
- The Scurry Glam Package
- Strike yer colors as a bewitching buccaneer with glam makeup and face gem, and hoist your sword high!
- The Pirate Redd Package
- Take command as the fiery Pirate Redd with hairstyle, makeup, nail polish, sword, bandana, and more.
The packages vary in price and features. Each pirate transformation takes on average between 30 minutes and one hour, and wannabe pirates are advised to book up to as early as 180 days in advance. There is no word yet on whether the pirate makeovers will be made available at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, or what will be placed in the Pirate Leagues stead.
Book your Walt Disney World Vacation
Want to get one more Disney trip in before the Pirates League closes? Our friends at Academy Travel are standing by to help. Backed by years of experience and award-winning customer service, Academy’s travel agents are ready to help you make this trip your most magical yet. Contact them today to receive your free no-obligation quote.
What do you think of the Pirates League finally closing down? Let us know in the comments!