One of the most unique things about Disney is the food. The creations, the flavors, everything about the Disney food is truly one-of-a-kind.
And now Disney is sharing one of their famous recipes with us, just in time for the holidays! Spread some Disney magic and holiday cheer with your family thanks to this Disney Recipe.
Horchata is a traditional drink made up of rice and is very popular amongst households and restaurants all across the country. And, if you have visited Disney California Adventure Park for the Disney Festival of Holidays, you may have come across this delicious drink.
Follow the recipe below to make Disney’s house-made non-alcoholic Horchata, topped with a Mexican cinnamon galleta, this holiday season.
Disney’s House-Made Non-Alcoholic Horchata Recipe
Serves 1 to 2
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups of filtered water
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup condensed milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla syrup
- ¼ cup of water
- Dollop whipped cream
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 Mexican cinnamon galleta (cookie)
For rice base:
- Combine cinnamon sticks, jasmine rice, and water in container and cover with lid.
- Allow to sit, in the refrigerator, overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours to ensure cinnamon sticks and rice are softened.
- Blend and strain through cheesecloth and set aside.
- Combine whole milk and condensed milk in a large container and stir in rice base. Add vanilla syrup; stir.
- Add ice to serving cup and pour Horchata over ice.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Cut Mexican cinnamon galleta in half and place on whipped cream to create Mickey “ears.”
Enjoy and Happy Holidays, everyone!
And if you haven’t yet had the chance to visit Disney California Adventure Park for Disney Festival of Holidays, but you’d like to in the near future, then don’t hesitate to reach out to our friends at Academy Travel. Click here for a free, no-obligation vacation quote from the Authorized Disney Vacation Planners at Academy Travel!