If you are looking to treat yourself this holiday season, then check out this make-it-yourself Disney holiday drink!
Hot chocolate is a classic during this time of year, but what would make it even better is adding a bit of Disney magic and Mickey spirit to the cup. We promise this hot cocoa will be nothing like you’ve ever tasted before.
Mickey’s Festive Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup cocoa powder (extra for garnish)
- Dash of salt
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/4 Tsp vanilla extract
- White chocolate melts
- Zip-top bag
- Festive sprinkles
- Mini and regular marshmallows
- Mini and large candy canes
- Whipped cream
- For hot chocolate: combine sugar, cocoa, salt, and water in a saucepan, mix, and continue to stir over medium heat until it boils.
- Once it boils, bring the heat down and add the milk. (But don’t let it boil again.)
- Keep stirring, then remove from heat and add vanilla.
- For decorating: Melt the white chocolate candy in a microwave-safe bowl in 15-second increments until it’s completely melted. Stir in between each for 15 seconds.
- Place the melted candy in a zip-top bag, then cut a small hole in one corner. This is your piping bag. Then pipe the melted candy around the mugs, including large drips coming down the sides. (Tip: smooth with a spoon when you finish piping.)
- While it’s still warm, pour festive sprinkles all over the melted candy. Then place mugs in the freezer.
- Next, take one regular marshmallow and two mini marshmallows to make Mickey! Break a toothpick in half and attached the two ears.
- Using a knife, cut a slit on the bottom to make it easier to add him to the rim of the mug.
- All cutting should be done by an adult.
- Take the mugs out of the freezer and let them sit for 5-10 minutes. Then pour the hot chocolate inside. Top with LOTS of whipped cream.
- Pro Tip: Cut a hole out of the middle of a piece of paper, then hold this above the whipped cream while you sift cocoa powder on top. This way, it only goes on the whipped cream, and not all over the place!
- Add the marshmallow Mickey, a large candy cane, a straw, and more sprinkles! Then add the crushed candy canes, peppermints, and sprinkles around the bottom of a small plate.
Will you be trying this Mickey hot cocoa this holiday? Let us know in the comments.
Source: Disney Family