Want to see Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge as it gets ready to open at Disneyland? Stay up to date with us here.
Guests at Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are familiar with meeting and seeing characters like Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, Rey, Captain Phasma, and even droids and Stormtroopers at the theme parks. But Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is bringing theme park visitors entirely new and immersive experiences, unlike anything we’ve ever seen. Throughout Black Spire Outpost on Batuu, guests can encounter both new and familiar creatures, droids, and aliens. Here’s your guide for where to find Chewbacca, Rey, Kylo Ren, and other characters and amazing animatronics in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
To give you an idea of where you’ll find each of these characters, droids, and creatures, take a look at the map of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge below:
Galaxy’s Edge Characters
After “Star Wars: The Last Jedi,” Rey arrived on Batuu, where she is leading the recruitment effort for the resistance. You’ll find her in the Resistance Encampment.
At Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Kylo Ren has traveled to Batuu to search for and destroy any traces of the resistance he can find. You’ll find him at the First Order Encampment in Docking Bay 9.
Chewbacca came to Batuu aboard the damaged Millennium Falcon. He made a deal to loan Hondo Ohnaka the Millennium Falcon for a few smuggling runs in exchange for the parts he needs to fix the ship. You can see him at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and the Resistance Encampment.
Other characters and animatronics and where you’ll find them
- Dok-Ondar: Located at Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities. Dok-Ondar is a larger-than-life collector of all things unique and ancient in the galaxy.
- Oga Garra: Located at Oga’s Cantina. She is never seen, but you can often hear her yelling at her servers.
- Vi Moradi: Located throughout Black Spire Outpost. She is an intelligence officer for the Resistance who came to Batuu to scout it as a potential Resistance recruiting station.
- Hondo Ohnaka: Located at Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. He is a Weequay pirate turned businessman who asks guests to help him acquire prized cargo in Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
- Zabaka: Located at Toydarian Toymaker. You can see her silhouette going about her toy business through the workshop window.
8D-J8 is a former smelter droid who has been reprogrammed to turn the spit at Ronto Roasters to ensure the food is cooked to perfection.
DJ R-3X is a former Star Tour pilot droid known as Rex who crashed on Batuu and was reprogrammed as a DJ. Now, you can see him providing the musical entertainment inside Oga’s Cantina.
You’ll find this sassy droid at the Spaceport. R5-P8 serves as an automated repair mechanic on Hondo Ohnaka’s many starships.
Creatures and where to find them
Creatures found in the Creature Stall
The Marketplace (see video below) is home to the Creature Stall.
- Convor: A gold and brown plumed bird and popular pet throughout the galaxy as seen in “Star Wars: The Clone Wars.”
- Dokma: A small, timid creature with a protective shell and two eyestalks seen in the “Star Wars Rebels.”
- Fyrnok: A hummingbird-sized predator kept in a dark crate that was first seen in “Star Wars Rebels.”
- Loth Cat: You can see the tail of the Loth Cat as it sleeps. A sprightly feline that hunts small rodents on the grassy plains of Lothal that is known primarily from “Star Wars Rebels.”
- Kowakian Monkey-Lizard: Known for being Jabba the Hutt’s pet in “Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.” Guests visiting the stall can see the monkey-lizard’s tail hanging from a cage and occasionally hear its iconic high-pitched laugh.
- Momong / Trandoshan monkey: You can see its tail as it hangs from the stall. This species of primate lives in trees and was seen in the “Star Wars: The Clone Wars.”
Creatures found in Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities
- Dianoga: a slimy, tentacled carnivore was first seen in “Star Wars: A New Hope” when it attacked Luke Skywalker in the Death Star trash compactor. You can also see the dianoga at the Black Spire Outpost drinking fountain.
- Felucian Fireflies: glowing creatures native to the colorful, humid jungle planet Felucia that were first seen in “Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith”
- Ollopom: A short, gentle rodent found in the Gungan Swamps of Naboo.
- Profrogg: This large rodent has horns, a snout, sharp incisors, and powerful claws used for defense. You’ll see it taxidermized.
- Sarlacc: This dangerous carnivore can grow to 100 meters long and likes to bury itself in sand – leaving only its massive mouth exposed to the surface. You may remember Boba Fett falling victim to Jabba the Hutt’s sarlacc in “Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.”
- Wampa: Dok-Ondar also has a taxidermized wampa. A large, white, furry, carnivorous predator from the ice planet Hoth. It often sneaks up
on prey prior to attack, as it did toLuke Skywalker in “Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.”
- Womp Rat: A pest native to tattoine you’ll recognize from “Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.” Dok-Ondar also has a taxidermized womp rat.
Creatures found in Oga’s Cantina
- Mynock: Bat-like parasites as seen in “Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.” You can see a pickled Mynock in one of Oga’s tanks.
- Puffer Pig: A mammalian species capable of sniffing valuable minerals makes puffer pigs vital to smugglers as seen in “Star Wars Rebels.” You can see its eyes and hear its grunts and snorts.
- Swamp Slug: You’ll find this in one of Oga’s tanks as well. You may remember the Swamp Slug from “Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back” as a creature has thousands of teeth capable of grinding up plants and animals – but not necessarily droids.
- Worrt: A carnivorous amphibian typically found in the sand dunes of Tatooine. You’ll recognize it from its brief cameo outside Jabba the Hutt’s palace in “Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.” At Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, guests can observe a worrt alive in one of the cantina’s tanks.