Calling all Mickey’s Halloween Party frequenters and “Nightmare Before Christmas” fans! There’s an all-new frightfully fun event coming to the West Coast, and this one is exclusively at Disney California Adventure. Disney just announced that Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party will make its debut at Disney California Adventure this fall. Here are all the details.
Oogie Boogie Bash is a new, separate-ticketed Halloween party event for Disneyland Resort guests of all ages to celebrate the happy haunts of the Halloween season. This party, which takes place at Disney California Adventure theme park, will give guests all-new experiences, tricks, and treats that celebrate all of your favorite Disney Villains, including Oogie Boogie himself! From an interactive “Descendants” dance party to the “Villainous!” World of Color nighttime spectacular (not to mention the delicious sweet treats and a Disney Villains walkthrough experience), this party sounds like it will be pretty epic and a must-see for any Disney Halloween fan.
As fans of Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland, we’re definitely pumped to hear that this all-new Halloween fest will be coming to Disney California Adventure. Disneyland Resort has been continually increasing the Halloween fun at Disney California Adventure with amazing decor and food offerings each year (not to mention the fan-favorite Haul-o-ween at Cars Land), so we’re excited to learn more about all of the new experiences coming to Disney California Adventure for Oogie Boogie Bash. Here are all of the details Disney has shared about this spooky and fun new Disney Halloween Party, which runs on select nights from September 17 through October 31, 2019.
- “Villainous!” – The new “World of Color” show weaves a Halloween tale about a young girl named Shelley Marie. This twisted tale carries Shelley on an unforgettable journey, exploring the villainous side of Disney characters through fountains, lights, lasers, projections and special effects. “Villainous!” shows that, deep down, there’s a little villain in all of us.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – Transformed into a wondrous and ethereal world of Disney villains unlike anything seen before, Redwood Creek will be tricked out in a dreamlike environment. This new experience unfolds in a series of scenes, each creating a hauntingly beautiful dream-space of color, sound, light, and shadows, as stories emerge from the darkest night to create an enchanting world.
- Immersive Treat Trails – Enjoy trick-or-treating at the new, wonderfully wicked treat trails throughout the park. Iconic characters such as Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland,” or even Oogie Boogie himself will surprise and delight. Additional treat trails will feature oversized cauldrons full of treats for all guests to enjoy.
- DescenDance – A new pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land is inspired by the popular “Descendants” franchise from the Disney Channel. As the DescenDance begins, a spell is cast, summoning the greatest dance crew from the Isle of the Lost to throw down and lead everyone in moves that are set to the biggest hit songs from the “Descendants” films.
- “Frightfully Fun Parade” – The guest-favorite parade is coming to Disney California Adventure park for the first time! The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow starts the procession, followed by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse who lead the cavalcade of characters and many mischievous Disney villains who are ready to stir up some trouble along the parade route.
- Mickey’s Trick and Treat show – Perfect for young guests, this new, interactive stage production invites kids of all ages to join Mickey Mouse and his pals as they throw a one-of-a-kind Halloween party! Enjoy dancing, not-so-frightening scary-tales, and candy at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land.
- Character encounters – Meet beloved Disney characters – and villains, too. You may be surprised at who you discover at this Halloween party, ready for photos and greetings!
From the sounds of it, this party will give West Coast Disney Halloween fans a frightfully fantastic event that they have never experienced before. The Mickey’s Trick and Treat stage show and the DescenDance event are some of the awesome new experiences we haven’t seen yet at a Mickey’s Halloween Party, so we’re so excited to attend the Oogie Boogie Bash and see how much Halloween fun we can get ourselves into this year.
Interested in attending Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party? Here are some important dates and details to keep in mind.
- Ticket prices range from $100-145, depending on if you are an Annual Passholder and which day you attend the event.
- April 23: Tickets on sale to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa cardholders
- April 30: Tickets on sale to general public
- Oogie Boogie Bash 2019 dates: Sept. 17, Sept. 19, Sept. 22, Sept. 24, Sept. 26, Sept. 29, Oct. 1, Oct. 3, Oct. 6, Oct. 8, Oct. 10, Oct. 13, Oct. 15, Oct. 17, Oct. 20, Oct. 22, Oct. 24, Oct. 27, Oct. 29 and Oct. 31
- Entry to Disney California Adventure park before the party is included with an Oogie Boogie Bash ticket. The after-hours party begins at 6 p.m. PST and you will have the opportunity to play in the park for three hours before the event starts on Tuesday and Thursday nights (excluding Oct. 29 and Oct. 31) or four hours on Sunday nights, plus Oct. 29 and Oct. 31.
To purchase tickets to Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party or to find out more information when planning your trip, visit the official website here.
What do you think of the all-new Oogie Boogie Bash coming to Disney California Adventure this Halloween season? Let us know in the comments!