Get ready for a new Halloween fireworks spook-tacular during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party this year!
That’s right, Disney announced a new Halloween fireworks spectacular is in store for the first time in 14 years. Along with the announcement, Disney released concept art (pictured above) which shows Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy embarking on a Halloween adventure. “The show will take guests along on a trick-or-treating adventure, where four friends – Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy – find themselves drawn into a mysterious haunted house,” says Disney. “The journey takes them from one room of the house to another, encountering dancing skeletons, waltzing ghosts and a whole series of troublemaking Disney villains.”
According to the announcement, the new show will feature state-of-the-art projection effects, lasers, lighting, and dazzling fireworks. It replaces the Happy HalloWishes fireworks spectacular, which debuted in 2005.
In addition to the new fireworks show, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party features some returning favorites, including:
- The ever-popular “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” featuring the Sanderson Sisters and other Disney Villains such as Maleficent, Oogie Boogie, and Dr. Facilier
- Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade featuring Disney characters dressed in frightfully fun Halloween attire, Disney Villains, and spooky floats takes place twice a night
- Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam in Fantasyland allows young party guests to celebrate with characters like Vampirina and Doc McStuffins
- Another activity for young guests, the Frontierland Costume Promenade takes place prior to each Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade and encourages little ones to show off their costumes and collect candy
- Trick-or-treating throughout the park
- Attractions are enhanced for the Halloween party
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019 runs from August 16 – November 1. Tickets are on sale now starting at $79 and you can purchase by visiting the Walt Disney World website.
Looking to plan an entire Disney vacation during the Halloween season? If you’d like help planning the trip, we recommend contacting our friends at Academy Travel. Authorized Disney Vacation Planners can alleviate much of the stress in planning and booking your next vacation, from making your dining reservations and booking your accommodations to providing general advice and even creating a personalized itinerary for your trip. Click here for a no-obligation quote.