The 30th anniversary of Disney’s Hollywood Studios is coming up on May 1 and the park is celebrating with special entertainment, merchandise, and, of course, food! To prepare you for the big day, Disney shared details on some of the scrumptious limited-time dessert and beverage offerings coming to the park starting May 1.
First up, the dessert we’re most excited to try: The Sorcerer’s Hat. Celebrating one of Mickey’s most famous roles, this dessert is a lemon sponge cake with vanilla swiss buttercream, lemon curd, and white chocolate glaze. Look for it at ABC Commissary and Fantasmic! food carts.
Next, we’ve got a couple of “Star Wars”-inspired treats. The Kylo Ren Cupcake with peanut butter and chocolate will be available at Rosie’s All-American Cafe and Dockside Diner. There’s also Lightsaber Churros dusted in red or blue sugar, which can be found at Anaheim Produce, Market at Pixar Place, Pretzel Palooza, and various churro carts throughout the park.
Pixar joins the fun with two themed desserts as well. The Playful Luxo Ball is a mango mousse with banana sponge cake, caramel chocolate, and rice croquant. Find it at The Trolley Car Cafe and BaseLine Tap House. The Incredibles Macarons pay homage to our favorite superhero family with black and red almond macarons and mango passion grenache. Scoop these up at Market at Pixar Place or BaseLine Tap House.
The celebration also includes four tempting dessert cups. The Key Lime Pie Verrine features layers of Key lime custard and graham cracker finished with whipped cream and a white chocolate 30th anniversary logo. Find it at Rosie’s All-American Cafe and Backlot Express.
The Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Verrine includes lemon cheesecake topped with blueberries, white chocolate crispy pearls, and a white chocolate 30th anniversary logo. It’s available at Catalina Eddie’s.
The Tres Leches Verrine features tres leches cake served with whipped cream, a fresh strawberry, strawberry candy rocks, and a white chocolate 30th anniversary logo. This treat can be found at Fairfax Fare.
Finally, the Raspberry Mousse Verrine with fresh raspberries and a white chocolate 30th anniversary logo can be found at ABC Commissary.
Mickey and Minnie are also getting in on the celebration with their own desserts. Mickey Mouse’s Celebration Cake is chocolate sponge cake with chocolate cream, vanilla marshmallow, and passion fruit crispy pearls, and Minnie Mouse’s Celebration Cake is yellow cake with strawberry cream, strawberry marshmallow, and strawberry crispy pearls. Find them both at Backlot Express.
Three celebratory cocktails are also on the menu:
- Galaxy Margarita (silver tequila, blue curaçao, sweet and sour mix) – located at various walk-up bars throughout the park
- Celebration Fizz (vanilla vodka, cranberry juice, prosecco) – located at Tune-In Lounge and The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge
- Banana Split Cocktail (vanilla vodka, crème de cacao, crème de banana, strawberry monin, pineapple juice) – located at various walk-up bars throughout the park
In addition to these limited-time treats, Disney is also highlighting what they call “Legacy Offerings” — items that have been available in the park since its opening in 1989. These options are available year-round, but if you’ve never tried them, the park’s 30th anniversary is the perfect time to order these dishes.
The Hollywood Brown Derby Legacy Dishes
- Cobb Salad – finely-chopped greens topped with turkey breast, bacon, egg, tomatoes, crumbled blue cheese, avocado, chives, and cobb dressing
- Brown Derby Original Grapefruit Cake – available as part of a customizable mini dessert trio
50s Prime Time Cafe Legacy Dishes
- Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken – crispy, bone-in fried chicken served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes, chicken gravy, and seasonal vegetables
- Cousin Megan’s Traditional Meatloaf – blend of beef and pork topped with tomato glaze and served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and green beans
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Milk Shake
Are you hungry yet? Look for these limited-time offerings at Disney’s Hollywood Studios starting May 1 and add some of the classic Legacy Dishes to your must-try list!