It’s official, the NBA Experience will be premiering at Walt Disney World’s Disney Springs entertainment center on August 12.
The date was officially announced at the Orlando Magic Vs. Philadelphia 76ers basket ball game tonight at the Amway Center in a special presentation featuring Mickey Mouse! For the special announcement, Mickey came onto the court with a group of kids celebrating the new experience, all while rocking their Mickey ears!
When it opens, this brand new experience by Disney, in collaboration with NBA, will offer guests thirteen interactive elements and hands-on activities across 44,000 square feet and two floors.
Upon opening, guests came take part in the following activities:
- A slam dunk challenge where guests can change the height of a standard 10-foot hoop as low as seven feet to perform their own superstar moves.
- An activity that tests shooting skills with spots on a court that lights up as guests move from one location to another attempting to sink as many shots as possible in 15 seconds.
- A way for guests to see how they stack up to one of the world’s best basketball players by measuring their vertical leap, wingspan, shooting, and dribbling.
- Personalization for various activities with guests’ names and associating the activity with their fave NBA or WNBA teams.
- Real-time technology to aggregate statistics of NBA and WNBA games and players for continuous updates, while leaderboards will track top NBA Experience performers throughout each day.