March 8 is International Women’s Day (and also happens to be when “Captain Marvel” arrives in theaters!) and Walt Disney World is celebrating with special food, beverage, and entertainment offerings. Below, take a look at how each park and Disney Springs is honoring some of our favorite Disney ladies as well as women around the world.
In Tomorrowland, the Sisters Soiree Dance Party features favorite female Disney characters such as Judy Hopps from “Zootopia” and Joy from “Inside Out.” And stop by Cheshire Café and Westward Ho to enjoy special Strawberry Shortcake Shooters!
Voices of Liberty, The American Adventure’s fan-favorite a capella singers, will celebrate women with special performances of empowering songs. There are also several special snacks available throughout the park:
- Purple Minnie Dome Cake at Fountain View
- Purple Cupcakes at Kringla Bakery and Sunshine Seasons
- Mascarpone Apple Cake at Akershus
- Purple Troll Kreme Slush at the Norway Beer Cart
- International Women’s Day Cookies at Biergarten Restaurant
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
At Star Wars Launch Bay, guests will encounter Rey alongside Chewbacca in a hidden Resistance base. You’ll also see the women of the Green Army Patrol marching through Toy Story Land, while over at “An Incredible Celebration,” the residents of Muniberg honor their Super women. Special treats found at the park include:
- Mrs. Incredible Pretzel Mask at Neighborhood Bakery
- Key Lime Pie Verrine at Backlot Express and Rosie’s All-American
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake at Catalina Eddie’s
- Tres Leche at Fairfax Faire
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Entertainment at this park isn’t really specific to International Women’s Day, but guests can let loose during the Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party on Discovery Island and the Dino-riffic Dance Party in Dinoland, U.S.A. Special treats include:
- International Women’s Day Cupcake at Creature Comforts and Restaurantosaurus
- Infinite Ambition drinks at Tiffins Restaurant or Nomad Lounge
- Sangria at Tusker House Restaurant and Dawa Bar
- International Women’s Day Cookies at various outdoor vending locations throughout the park
At Disney Springs, this celebration is all about the snacks. Look for these special items:
- International Women’s Day Dark Chocolate Ganache Squares and chocolate Power Pinata at the Ganachery
- Pink Macaron Lollipop at Amorette’s Patisserie
If you’re planning a visit to Walt Disney World on March 8, don’t miss these celebratory treats and entertainment throughout the resort!