“Mickey’s Mix Magic,” now performing at Disneyland Park is a new, high-energy projection show, that will light up the night to celebrate the one and only Mickey Mouse. This nightly extravaganza creates a family-fun dance party throughout the park, with “DJ” Mickey spinning the new celebration song, “It’s a Good Time” along with new, fun takes on favorite Disney songs. Check-out the full show below:
“Mickey’s Mix Magic” is part of Get Your Ears On, A Mickey and Minnie Celebration, and the biggest party for the legendary duo in Disneyland history. Guests dance and sing along as state-of-the-art projections, lighting and lasers transform Main Street, U.S.A., the facade of “it’s a small world” and the water screens of the Rivers of America (viewing at Rivers of America will be available when “Fantasmic!” returns in March) into a colorful, dazzling display of sights and sounds to celebrate the Mouse who rocks our world. And on select nights, “Mickey’s Mix Magic” goes sky high when the show is enhanced with the addition of fireworks. The show was designed to run without Fireworks and it’s spectacular.
We liked the special effects, lasers, and snow along Main Street, but the projectors were more crisp and clear at small world. Either way, you won’t miss the experience and high energy music and projections. It will be interesting to see it when Fantasmic returns.
“I think ‘Mickey’s Mix Magic’ is really going to surprise our guests,” said Steven Davison, executive creative director of parades & spectaculars for Disney Parks Live Entertainment. “It’s unlike anything we’ve done with a projection show before, both visually with bright kaleidoscope colors and musically with the fun, electro-swing tunes that ‘DJ’ Mickey spins. It’s such a good time, and I can’t wait to see kids of all ages enjoying this massive dance party throughout Disneyland Park!”
“Mickey’s Mix Magic” Fun Facts:
- The new celebration song “It’s a Good Time” was written and produced specifically for the “World’s Biggest Mouse Party” that is underway at Disney Parks around the world, celebrating 90 years of magic with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.
- Guests will also dance and sing along to these tunes during “Mickey’s Mix Magic”: “I Wanna Be Like You” (The Jungle Book), “Ev’rybody Wants to Be a Cat” (The Aristocats), “Friend Like Me” (Aladdin), “Grim Grinning Ghosts” (theme song from The Haunted Mansion attraction), “Un Poco Loco” (Coco) and “Let It Go” (Frozen).
- The musical score of “Mickey’s Mix Magic” is inspired by the irresistible beat of “house music,” bringing energy and fun that appeals to the whole family.
- The multi-speaker audio design in “Mickey’s Mix Magic” supports the “dance party” feel of the show throughout the park, immersing guests in surround sound.
- Each viewing area in the park – Main Street, U.S.A., the façade of “it’s a small world” and the water screens of the Rivers of America (when “Fantasmic!” returns in March)– has a custom projection design, which makes for a unique show experience wherever guests are.
- More than two dozen video projectors bring “Mickey’s Mix Magic” to life throughout the park, and 14 of those are on Main Street, U.S.A., alone.
- Nearly 100 special lighting fixtures are utilized throughout the show, and they sit atop 10 different rooftops throughout the park.
- Disney Parks Live Entertainment collaborated with the team behind the latest Mickey animated shorts to bring the youthful, playful and mischievous personality of Mickey Mouse to the show. Minnie Mouse is also featured, showing off some of her dance moves from the pair’s popular international cartoon adventures.
- Much of the mapped video projection of “Mickey’s Mix Magic” is original content. Instead of cinematic scenes, favorite Disney characters are creatively showcased amidst kaleidoscopic patterns that move with the music beat.
For more info on “Mickey’s Mix Magic,” click here.