Gong Xi Fa Cai! Disneyland Resort’s annual Lunar New Year festivities begin on January 25, when your favorite Disney characters and special celebrations will honor Asian culture and celebrate the Year of the Pig. Disney just released more details about this year’s Lunar New Year festival, and we’re sharing all of the amazing foods, entertainment, and activities coming your way this season. Keep reading to find out more.
Disney has been serving up delicious food at their festivals for years, and we’re so excited to try everything Lunar New Year has to offer. Each of the dishes featured at Lunar New Year is inspired by traditional Asian cooking with a modern twist. Much like at the other festivals at Disney California Adventure, you can purchase a Sip and Savor Pass so you can feast on delicious goodies from the four festival kiosks and other locations around the theme park for a great price of $39. Paradise Garden Grill will also be switching up their menu for the season to feature a variety of dishes inspired by Asian cuisine.
Take a look at the menus for each of the kiosks and eateries serving food at this year’s festival:
Lucky 8 Lantern
Celebrate the Year of the Pig with delicious libations and a savory selection of Asian dishes.
- Crispy Shrimp Fried Rice with Garlic, Bacon and Edamame
- Stir-fried Vegetables & Pineapple with Soy Protein, Steamed Rice and Crunchy Chow Mein Noodles
- Mandarin Orange-Green Tea Tart
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee
Prosperity Bao & Buns
Raise a glass and toast to a prosperous new year with tantalizing bao and bun-wrapped meals along with a tasty dessert and a specialty cocktail.
- Char Siu Pork Bao, Chinese BBQ Pork with Pickled Red Onions and Jalapeño
- Mickey Chinese Hot Dog Bun
- Mango-Pineapple Pastry
- Winter Plum Blossom Gin Mule
Longevity Noodle Co.
Ring in a brand new year with mouth-watering noodle dishes, a delectable dessert and refreshing drink.
- Pan-fried Wheat Noodles with Chicken Meatballs, Cabbage Salad with Apple-Ginger Sauce
- Vegetable Egg Roll and Chilled Sesame-Garlic Noodles with Cilantro-Cashew Sauce and Toasted Peanuts
- Egg Tart
- Orchid Spritz
Red Dragon Spice Traders
Add a touch of spice to your new year with a tantalizing selection of Asian fare along with a cool drink and a sweet treat.
- Firecracker Three Cup Chicken with Steamed Rice
- Steamed Short Rib Shumai with Spicy Korean Sauce, Sriacha-Mayonnaise and Cucumber Salad
- Purple Yam Macaron with Crème Fraiche
- Raspberry Lychee Chia Tea
Festival Food and Beverage Cart
- Gochujang Chicken Wings – Baked Korean-inspired chicken wings with spiced sauce
- Mini Almond Cookies – Traditional Chinese sweet almond crumble cookies
Paradise Garden Grill
- Korean Grilled Chicken
- Vegan Orange Tempeh
- Bahn Mi Pork Sandwich
- Whole Deep-fried Tilapia
- Mango Mousse
- Almond Milk Iced Tea (non-alcoholic)
- Almond Milk Iced Tea with Boba Popping Pearls (non-alcoholic)
- Tsing Tao Beer (alcoholic)
This year’s festival will feature amazing entertainment with Mulan as the star. Guests will enjoy listening to triumphant music from the animated movie “Mulan” as costumed performers fill the streets of Paradise Gardens Park. Mulan’s Chinese New Year Procession will feature a beautiful Chinese dragon puppet, warriors, drummers, dancers, and Mulan and Mushu, of course!
Additionally, it wouldn’t be the Year of the Pig without a tribute to the animal itself! During the procession, guests will also have the opportunity to see the Three Little Pigs in their Lunar New Year outfits. Performances will take place daily, so be sure to check the Disneyland app or website for more information on when you can catch this show during your visit.
But that’s not all. Guests can also enjoy unique entertainment performances inspired by different Asian cultures, from music to dancing. And you can also meet your favorite Disney characters dressed in Lunar New Year outfits, including Mickey and Minnie! Children of all ages can create Lunar New Year crafts and do activities in honor of the celebration. And there will be festive décor throughout Paradise Gardens Park in Disney California Adventure.
With all of the amazing offerings coming to Disneyland Resort in 2019, there’s no better time to visit than for Lunar New Year.
What are you most excited to try during Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure? Let us know!