U-Design stations have arrived (in select merchandise locations at Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida) for the Holiday shopping season. The new in-store kiosks, which allow guests to create exclusive t-shirt designs, have been popping up all over Universal Orlando Resort.
Multiple designs, including Minion, Grinch, Seuss “Things” and Universal logos, can be ordered to print on demand. Many of the designs can be personalized, too!
For fans celebrating the Christmas cheer at Universal Orlando Resort, a new and unique souvenir option has arrived. Merchandise gurus at the resort have added a unique seasonal attire option to several stores within its theme parks.
U-Design custom printed t-shirts first appeared during Halloween Horror Nights (HHN). Using a large format printer, silk screen style, horror themes designs could be selected and created at will during HHN.
The new U-Design holiday options include:
- Uncle of all Things
- Naughty Thing
- Thing (choose number)
- Naughty/Nice ornaments held by Grinch hands (with a banner for personalization)
- (Family Name) Family trip, sweater style, with Grinch face in the center
- Large ornament held by Grinch with (family name) Holiday Trip 2018
- Who-style Wholiday tree with 2018, thing 1, 2, 3… ornaments and (family name) Holiday Trip on bottom
- Minion Who’s Been Naughty? (with names underneath) and Who’s Been Nice (with names underneath)
- Candy Cane with Names and 2018 Holiday Trip Universal Studios on the bottom
- Holiday Tree with Universal Studios logo, ornaments and family name
- Sweater style with family name, 2018 Universal Studios logo in the center and Christmas Vacation on bottom
- Minions in shape of a tree, Family name underneath, with Holiday Vacation (year) and Universal Studios on bottom
- Gym style TEAM (Family Name) with Universal Studios and year underneath
Printable designs will be ever changing, so be sure to check back at kiosks with each visit.
These special t-shirts can be ordered at touch screen kiosks located at Mulberry Street Shop (Seuss Landing at Islands of Adventure), within the Christmas Shop (Port of Entry at Islands of Adventure) and at the MIB Shop (Universal Studios Florida). Universal plans to add more U-Design kiosk locations in the future.
Once a design is selected and customized with names (if that’s an option of the design); color, size and quantity chosen, the order is finalized and a ticket is printed out. That ticket is taken to the nearby cashier and shirt(s) purchased. Shirts cost $33-$35 each. Guests are given the option of pick up point (either Universal’s standard package pick up options or at the point of printing).
Currently, the only printer actually manufacturing these unique U-Design items is located within the MIB (Men in Black) shop within the Universal Studios Florida theme park.
Images: Michael Gavin