In April, Walt Disney World introduced the Digital Key feature, allowing Guests of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge to open the doors to their hotel rooms using their phones and the My Disney Experience app.
Today, that exciting new feature has been extended to several other Disney Resort Hotels at Walt Disney World Resort, including Disney Vacation Club properties.
WATCH – MY DISNEY EXPERIENCE DIGITAL KEY FEATURE:
The Digital Key feature of the My Disney Experience app will roll out this week to the following Disney Resort Hotels:
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s Yacht Club
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
The digital key can also be used to unlock the hotel entrance gate and common areas requiring a key, such as pools, fitness centers, club-level lounges, and elevators. Just like with the MagicBand, Guests who have checked in online can bypass the front desk and go directly to their room when it’s ready, allowing them an even smoother start to their vacation.
To use the digital key, Guests can opt-in and activate the feature through a straightforward process in the app. To enter rooms, tap the “Unlock Door” button and hold the mobile device up to the door lock.
Guests can use either the MagicBand, digital key, or both options to enter their Resort rooms during their stay at Walt Disney World. According to Disney, “Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices with the latest version of the My Disney Experience app are required to take advantage of a digital key for room entry,” which most likely means your mobile device will automatically opt in to the feature without you having to select it.
MagicBands are still required for Park entry, FastPass+ redemptions, charges, and more.
For more information on the My Disney Experience app, head over to the Walt Disney World website.