Today at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, Nintendo took the stage to reveal some exciting new information on their slate of upcoming games including the highly-anticipated “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate” and the newly-announced “Super Mario Party.”
“Super Smash Bros. Ultimate” has had Nintendo fans on the edge of their seats since it was announced back in March. Nintendo shared an extensive 25-minute video on the new game, revealing all kinds of exciting details including the game’s roster, new features and release date!
WATCH – “SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE” ANNOUNCEMENTS AT E3:
To summarize the extensive video above, here is some of the new information on “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate”:
- Release date: Dec. 7, 2018
- New fighters, new stages, AND every fighter ever featured in the series.
- Inkling from the Splatoon series joins the roster
- Ridley from the Metroid series also joins the fight
- Elevate the Super Smash Bros. experience to new heights with faster combat, new attacks, new items, and new defensive options
- Hold a 4-player free-for-all, or kick it up to 8-player battles
- All current Super Smash Bros. series amiibo figures are supported
The video goes into details on every character, the new playing styles, new game features and even gives an action-packed trailer introducing Ridley as a playable character.
“Super Mario Party” was an exciting new announcement from Nintendo and is already being touted as one of the most creative games for the Nintendo Switch.
The trailer makes the game look like the ultimate party game, showing friends playing in multiple settings on big screens and small. It also shows Switch screens being used together, as if they were puzzle pieces being used to assemble a video game.
WATCH – “SUPER MARIO PARTY” E3 TRAILER:
Here are some of the features for “Super Mario Party”:
- A variety of modes, including:
- Mario Party
- Enjoy the original Mario Party board game experience with new elements like character dice blocks, a party system, and new boards to explore
- Toad’s Rec Room
- A dynamic new play style that pairs up two Nintendo Switch systems for Tabletop mode
- Mario Party
- Go head-to-head in 80 new minigames with many ways to play
- Fast and fun skill-based mini-games that use the Joy-Con controllers in all sorts of different ways
“Super Mario Party” will be available October 5 on the Nintendo Switch. You can check out some of the other titles Nintendo announced at E3 here.
Which new game for the Nintendo Switch are you more excited for? Will you be buying either one? Let us know in the comments below!