We are getting closer and closer to the opening date of Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure and Disneyland Resort has shared some exciting new details for one of the premiere attractions coming with this new themed land – the Incredicoaster.
Among those new details was a description of the incredible scenes this exciting new attraction will feature.
“Straight away, Dash sprints into action in an attempt to catch Jack-Jack, launching guests on the adventure with him. As the coaster zooms through the first tunnel, Jack-Jack shoots blue laser beams from his eyes and Dash uses his super speed to avoid being hit..
During the climb into the second tunnel, guests find that Elastigirl has jumped in to assist. Stretching herself flat against the tunnel walls, she reaches out with both arms in an attempt to grab her baby boy. Then the aroma of chocolate chip cookies wafts through the tunnel and, as the coaster plunges downward, guests see that Mr. Incredible has punched through the side of the tube holding a cookie to lure Jack-Jack out of another dimension.
In the third tunnel, guests find Jack-Jack joyfully aflame. Violet jumps in to save the Incredicoaster riders by shooting her purple force field up the tunnel, shielding guests from the raging fire. As the coaster zooms safely out of the tunnel, it sprints over a series of humps, and guests see a cluster of Jack-Jacks in mid-air, giggling and multiplying.
As riders circle through the final helix, they hear the voice of Edna Mode telling the family that Jack-Jack has returned to her, safe and sound. As the track straightens out, riders return to a chaotic and messy VIP lounge with one last surprise that guests are sure to enjoy.”
Disneyland also shared some additional fun fact about Incredicoaster as well, including:
- The Incredicoaster is super-fast – the fastest attraction at the Disneyland
- The Incredicoaster zooms across more than 6,000 feet of track – almost 1 1/8 miles – making it the longest coaster at the Disneyland
- As their vehicles prepare to launch, guests on the Incredicoaster experience a water effect. It’s the speedy Dash running across the water, setting up the storyline of the race to catch his little brother, Jack-Jack.
- Mrs. Incredible, a.k.a. Elastigirl, appears in the second tube of the Incredicoaster, stretching herself 53 feet from head to toe as she tries to grab baby Jack-Jack.
- It took eight people to haul the Mr. Incredible figure up the coaster track to his final position on the Incredicoaster, in the second tunnel.
- The super elusive baby Jack-Jack appears 19 times throughout the attraction.
- Music for the Incredicoaster was created by Academy Award-winning composer Michael Giacchino, who also scored the music for “The Incredibles” and “Incredibles 2” films. He also wrote original music, inspired by “The Incredibles,” for the queue area of the Incredicoaster.
- Artist Teddy Newton worked with Walt Disney Imagineers to create a mural for the Incredicoaster load area, the artwork on a wall of Jack-Jack Cookie Num Nums kiosk, and the arch at the entry of Incredibles Park, one of four neighborhoods in Pixar Pier. These designs feature a bold, abstract, hyper-colored style to contrast with the monotones of the mid-century modern architecture in the rest of the neighborhood. Newton was a character designer on “The Incredibles.”
The Incredicoaster will open with the rest of Pixar Pier on June 23 at Disney California Adventure.