This Summer, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood will be bringing back the very popular “Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle,” as well as introducing some new experiences, food and apparel.
Some of these new additions to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood include:
- New wand magic experiences: With a gentle flick of the wrist and just the right touch, guests can cast spells throughout “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” at dazzling wand magic locations. This summer’s installation of two additional spells ups the tally to 15 thrilling wand magic experiences to practice. The Incendio fire-making spell will conjure flames of varying size based on skill level, and the Alohomora spell will unlock a series of intricate locks that may reveal the fiery breath of a creature hidden behind a secret door.
- New options on the lunchtime menu at Three Broomsticks, including:
- Ploughman’s Lunch, featuring an imported selection of ham, salami, country paté, English cheese, homemade pickles and a warm scotch egg served with bread, cranberry chutney and grain mustard
- Cheese Toastie with Chicken, featuring grilled English Cheddar cheese with chicken, crispy bacon, mustard and sliced tomato topped with a sunny side egg served with a fresh salad or potato wedges
- Sunday Roast Sandwich served on a freshly baked baguette filled with warm prime rib, caramelized onions, English Cheddar, horseradish sauce and homemade garlic pickles served with fresh salad or potato wedges
- New wizarding apparel at Gladrags Wizardwear: Guests can channel their inner wizards at Gladrags Wizardwear with a wide array of apparel inspired by the films. The billowing house robes worn by the students of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and accompanying house uniforms, including hand-loomed cardigans from Scotland, scarves and ties are available for purchase. New to Gladrags Wizardwear this season is a high-end replica of Professor Severus Snape’s robe, as well as a replica of Hermonione’s dress worn at the Yule Ball as seen in “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire,” which is now available in adult and children’s sizes. Other wizard attire includes a replica of the cardigan worn by Neville Longbottom in the Battle of Hogwarts scene in the film series finale. Select attire is available in a variety of sizes from toddler to adult.
- Madam Malkin’s Talking Mirror: Just like the talking mirror in the Harry Potter films, Madam Malkin’s Talking Mirror makes quite a reflective entrance this summer, located in the corridor between Dervish and Banges and Gladrags Wizardwear. Speaking with an English accent, the Talking Mirror will entertain guests with a variety of complimentary remarks.
- “The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle” returns for a limited time only, beginning Sunday, June 24: As night falls on Hogsmeade village, “The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle” shines brightly with an awe-inspiring spectacle that showcases the four houses of Hogwarts: Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin, and culminates with awesome beams of lights that fan into the night sky. The colorful state-of-the-art light display and special effects projection is accompanied by a special musical arrangement created by Academy award-winning composer John Williams based on his original scores composed for the film series. The musical arrangement that emanates in a surround sound environment was conducted by prolific arranger William Ross and recorded by the London Symphony Orchestra in London.
For more information on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, visit Universal Studios Hollywood’s official website.