The first-ever Pixar Fest at Disneyland Resort kicked off on Friday, April 13, bringing special events like “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular.” If you’re planning a trip to Disneyland or curious about Pixar Fest, we’ve got the scoop on this limited-time event.
What is “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” at Pixar Fest?
The new multimedia fireworks show is an ode to Pixar films. The theme of Pixar Fest is “friendship and beyond,” and “Together Forever” celebrates that by taking guests on a journey through some of the deepest Pixar friendships. The show uses over 900 firework effects, projections, music, surround sound, lasers, lighting and special effects to create an all-new experience for guests.
The show features “Toy Story” and “Up” quite a bit. You’ll also see moments from “Coco,” “Cars,” “Monsters, Inc.,” “The Incredibles,” WALL-E,” “Inside Out,” and “Finding Nemo.”
WATCH – “TOGETHER FOREVER” FULL SHOW AT DISNEYLAND RESORT:
Special moments in “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular”
“Together Forever” immerses guests in the stories of Pixar through a combination of special effects, projections, and fireworks. At certain times, the projections leap off Sleeping Beauty Castle to take shape on Main Street, U.S.A. or merge with the surrounding night sky. Here are cool moments to spot during the show, marked with corresponding start times for the video above:
- The show begins with a rousing “To infinity and beyond!” from Buzz Lightyear, who circles Sleeping Beauty Castle before flying off for adventure.
- WALL-E and EVE dance through a star field and transform into translucent fireworks as they fly off the castle (3:03).
- In the “Coco” sequence when Miguel travels from the Land of the Living to the Land of the Dead, the bridge of marigolds appears as golden fireworks when he looks up at the sky (4:11).
- During the “Cars” sequence, Lightning McQueen races around guests on Main Street, U.S.A. while his pals cheer from Sleeping Beauty Castle (5:02).
- The “Incredible” Parr family is featured, of course, during an action-packed sequence (5:55).
- Projected over the entire castle, the “Toy Story” Aliens look up at The Claw (or in this case, fireworks) with awe (7:33).
- The “Up” sequence brings us on an emotional journey with Carl and Ellie, and Carl’s house floats around the castle while tied to balloons (7:58)
- The leadup to the finale once again highlights special Pixar friendships (starting around 8:55). The classic song “You’ve Got a Friend In Me” plays over a crescendo of fireworks.
For even more in-depth knowledge about “Together Forever,” ITM reporter Mike Celestino takes us inside the magical event.
WATCH – INSIDE “TOGETHER FOREVER” DURING PIXAR FEST AT DISNEYLAND RESORT:
Where are the best places to watch the show?
There are a few great places to enjoy “Together Forever” in Disneyland Park.
- Main Street, U.S.A. – Projected images light up the buildings along the Main Street.
- In front of Sleeping Beauty Castle – Get a closer view of Buzz Lightyear and the “Up” house as they float by the castle.
- Near ‘it’s a small world’ – This is closest to where the fireworks are launched, so it gets loud.
Another great idea: watch the first “Fantasmic!” show at Rivers of America, then stay where you are to catch “Together Forever.”
To preview the show from the Main Street, U.S.A. vantage point, take a look at the video below.
WATCH – “TOGETHER FOREVER” MAIN STREET USA PROJECTION EFFECTS:
For even more from Pixar Fest, be sure to catch Episode 2 of our ongoing series “Inside Disneyland Resort.”
WATCH – INSIDE DISNEYLAND RESORT – EPISODE 2: PIXAR FEST: