Disney is known for creating immersive entertainment that puts guests in the middle of their favorite stories with their favorite characters. Star Wars Day at Sea is one of the latest examples of this kind of entertainment, and we were lucky enough to get a closer look at this incredible event.
The Disney Fantasy is the host of Star Wars Day at Sea, which transforms the ship into a galaxy far, far away for 15 seven-night Caribbean cruises in 2018. During these cruises, guests enjoy special character meet and greets, unique photo opportunities, themed food and merchandise and much more.
To truly explain the Star Wars Day at Sea experience, I first have to say the Disney Fantasy is a beautiful ship. If you have never stepped aboard a Disney Cruise Line ship before, the Disney Fantasy will certainly take your breath away.
Your very own Star Wars story begins the night before Star Wars Day at Sea with the atrium takeover, featuring an intimidating display from Darth Vader and his stormtroopers.
WATCH – STAR WARS DAY AT SEA ATRIUM TAKEOVER:
After you escape the wrath of Vader and the Empire, the real fun begins. The Star Wars Day at Sea entertainment includes:
Discover the Force
- Characters from across the Star Wars galaxy are onboard for interactions and photos.
- Guests are encouraged to bring costumes for a special gathering in the atrium lobby.
- Guests indulge in the Star Wars films and television series, including all the films in the Star Wars saga, Star Wars Rebels and the latest installment in the new standalone series “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
- Specialty Star Wars-themed beverages, snacks, dinner menu items and desserts please the palates of everyone from Padawans to Rebel pilots to Tusken Raiders.
WATCH – STAR WARS DAY AT SEA CHARACTER INTERACTIONS:
Learn the Ways of the Jedi
- In “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple,” Force-sensitive children learn the ways of the Jedi and use their new-found skills in a final face-off with Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister.
- Star Wars-themed arts and crafts, games and activities are offered throughout the day in all youth spaces for younglings to explore their powers.
- Kids and families test their knowledge during Star Wars trivia games.
WATCH – JEDI TRAINING: TRIALS OF THE TEMPLE:
“Summon the Force”
- The epic day at sea concludes with the “Summon the Force” deck celebration where guests unleash the Force during games, music and a galactic dance party.
- The grand finale features legendary Star Wars characters, pyrotechnics, stunts, special effects and a stunning fireworks display accompanied by John Williams’ iconic music.
Guests can also enjoy the Star Wars Command Post in the Disney Fantasy’s Oceaneer Club.
WATCH – STAR WARS COMMAND POST IN OCEANEER CLUB:
Of course, the event wouldn’t be complete without special merchandise to commemorate your amazing Star Wars adventure. T-shirts, hats and mugs are just a few of the fantastic Star Wars Day at Sea souvenirs you can find.
Star Wars Day at Sea is an incredibly entertaining event for the whole family. Star Wars fans, young and old, will enjoy the wide array of offerings and come away feeling like they really lived their very own Star Wars adventure.
There are currently 10 Star Wars Day at Sea cruises left in 2018, and nine scheduled for 2019. Each cruise departs from Port Canaveral, Florida and sails to either the Easter Caribbean or Western Caribbean.
For more information or to book your Star Wars Day at Sea cruise now, visit the official Disney Cruise Line website.