Fans can take home “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” starting next month, and the home release includes a feature-length documentary and lots of extras.
In addition to the latest “Star Wars” installment, director Rian Johnson helmed a behind-the-scenes documentary that explains his unique interpretation of the Force, details the process of creating Snoke, and deconstructs the action-packed battle scenes from the film. Fans also get a glimpse of Andy Serkis as Snoke before his digital transformation, as well as 14 deleted scenes and audio commentary.
WATCH – “STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI” IN-HOME TRAILER:
Bonus features include:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns – Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life; Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain; Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
This release marks Disney’s first title available on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc in both Dolby Vision™ HDR and Dolby Atmos® immersive audio, delivering consumers a transformative viewing experience.
“Star Wars: The Last Jedi” arrives digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD and via Movies Anywhere on March 13. It arrives on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray disc on March 27.