By Odin’s beard! While it certainly feels like the uproarious Marvel Studios hit movie “Thor: Ragnarok” just hammered its way into theaters, it’s already time for a home video announcement. Today Disney revealed the release dates and bonus features for the Taika Waititi-directed action-comedy, which stars Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston once again as Thor and Loki, alongside Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner / Hulk and Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie.
Among the exclusive content included with this release are deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes featurettes, audio commentary, and– perhaps best of all– part three of the hilarious “Team Thor” mockumentary, following the misadventures of Thor’s put-upon roommate Darryl. Spoiler alert: Darryl might find himself living with another of the movie’s esteemed cast members.
WATCH “THOR: RAGNAROK” HOME VIDEO TRAILER:
“Thor: Ragnarok” is the 17th entry in the massive Marvel Cinematic Universe, and provides an exciting jumping-off point for this spring’s climactic “Avengers: Infinity War,” with February’s highly-anticipated “Black Panther” nestled between them. The movie’s home video release is presented in 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, Digital HD, and SD DVD with an aspect ratio of 2.39:1, and audio options including Dolby Atmos 7.1.4, English and Spanish 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, French Canadian 5.1 Dolby Digital, and English Descriptive Video 2.0.
WATCH: “THOR: RAGNAROK” HOME VIDEO SNEAK PEEK:
The bonus materials included with the release are as follows:
- Director’s Introduction
- Deleted/Extended Scenes – Deleted Scenes: The Sorcerer Supreme, Skurge Finds Heimdall & Hulk Chases Thor Through Sakaar and Extended Scenes: Thor Meets the Grandmaster, Stupid Avenger vs. Tiny Avenger & Grandmaster and Topaz
- Gag Reel – Watch a collection of goofs, gaffes and pratfalls starring the cast
- Exclusive Short/Team Darryl – Fresh off being unseated as the ruler of Sakaar, the Grandmaster makes his way to Earth to start a new life. It’s been over a year since Thor left Australia and Darryl has been struggling to pay his rent. Now Darryl needs a new roommate to help make the monthly payments. Unfortunately for Darryl, the Grandmaster was the only one who answered Darryl’s “Roommate Needed” ad and with no viable options, the Grandmaster moves in.
- Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years – The Evolution of Heroes – Marvel’s universe is vast and transcends both time and space. We’ll examine the Cinematic Universe as a whole and revisit each of our heroes’ current location and their place in the current MCU timeline, as it all leads up to the one culminating event: “Avengers: Infinity War.”
- Getting in Touch with Your Inner Thor – “Thor: Ragnarok” director Taika Waititi has brought his unique sensibility and sense of humor to the film in a great many ways but it is the evolution of Thor’s own sense of humor, which stands out the most in the new film. This piece explores the impact Chris Hemsworth has made on the development of his widely-loved character and celebrates the mighty cast and crew who reveal the fun and hard work that went into assembling Thor’s eccentric counterparts.
- Unstoppable Women: Hela & Valkyrie – This piece explores the strong female characters in “Thor: Ragnarok,” their importance in the MCU, their incredible casting and their epic comic origins.
- Finding Korg – A tongue-in-cheek interview with Taika on casting Korg. He describes the difficult search for just the right evolution of the character design, and the nuances of this instantly classic character in the MCU. This conversation will also delve into all the extraordinary visual effects that brought Korg, Sakaar and the worlds of “Thor: Ragnarok” to life.
- Sakaar: On the Edge of the Known and Unknown – Sakaar is the collection point for all lost and unloved things. This documentary will answer all known and unknown questions while also exploring the hard work and creativity that went into creating the look and feel of Sakaar. From design inspired by Jack Kirby’s classic artwork to the dedication of the visual development team to the awe-inspiring physical and digital production, you will see this distant world come alive.
- Journey into Mystery – A deep dive story piece with the writers, director and producer Kevin Feige about the inspirations for “Thor: Ragnarok” within the comics. Most notably, the contest of champions limited series where the Grandmaster pitted our favorite heroes against one another as he does in the film. This piece also further explores Thor’s comic book origins and classic arcs through interviews with some of the most important comic creators, such as Walt Simonson and Jack Kirby.
- 8bit Scenes – Final Bridge Battle + Sakaar Spaceship Battle. Dive into these climactic sequences presented in retro video-game format.
- Directors Commentary
- Evolution of Thor and Hulk’s Bromance – We’ll examine this Super Hero friendship, which has spanned through several Marvel films. From their original Helicarrier fight match to the now iconic Hulk punch from Avengers 1, see how Marvel’s most powerful Super Heroes become the most extraordinary Super Hero buddies.
- Additional Deleted Scenes – Travel to Asgard & Race To The Wormhole
Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok” will become available on Digital HD, 4K Ultra HD, and Movies Anywhere on Tuesday, February 20. The movie and bonus features will then be released on Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD disc two weeks later on Tuesday, March 6.