The Disney Fantasy will be transformed into a galaxy far, far away when “Star Wars Day at Sea” returns to Disney Cruise Line next year, featuring all kinds of exciting new experiences.
Disney revealed a long list of new offerings as part of their 12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas today. These new offerings include some of your favorite characters – old and new – an explosive nighttime show, showings of all the films and of course, porgs.
Here are the new offerings for “Star Wars Day at Sea”:
- In the days leading up to the epic celebration, check out all of the Star Wars feature films in the Buena Vista Theatre, culminating in a showing of the newest film, “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.”
- To kick off “Star Wars Day at Sea” celebrations, in a one-time experience the night before the event, Darth Vader and Stormtroopers will march into the ship’s atrium for an Imperial takeover.
- Kylo Ren will appear in “Jedi Training Academy,” where young Jedi-in-training summon their courage and the Force to face off against Darth Vader and Kylo Ren.
- Rey will take the stage in the “Summon the Force” nighttime deck show that celebrates great moments from across the Star Wars galaxy, including iconic characters and new favorites, complete with an epic fireworks finale accompanied by John Williams’ iconic music.
- In “Porgs Onboard! Scavenger Hunt,” Chewbacca needs your help to track the Porgs that have been wreaking havoc throughout the ship. You’ll find and decode secret messages to solve a ship-wide quest and be greeted by everyone’s favorite Wookiee at the end of your adventure.
- New in 2018, you are guaranteed a time to meet and take photos with C-3PO and R2-D2, Chewbacca and Darth Vader.
- Guests can step into the saga and pose with a life-size replica of Han Solo frozen in Carbonite, as well as other cool Star Wars-themed backdrops.
- In Star Wars Drawing Academy, guests can learn to draw some of their favorite Star Wars characters and a new character from “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.” Is it a Porg? You’ll just have to wait and see!
- Star Wars-themed interactive games, trivia and activities for the whole family will be hosted by your Disney cruise staff on the pool deck and in the D Lounge.
- C-3PO will make an appearance in Star Wars: Command Post in Disney’s Oceaneer Club. During a special activity, children train to be members of the Resistance and fend off the First Order. C-3PO pays a visit to check on their training and further human-cyborg relations.
- Droid Racing is a fast-paced activity that the whole family will enjoy where guests can race BB-Unit droids around a course in the ship’s atrium.
- In a hands-on activity for families, everyone tests their skills to become master droid builders and create an intergalactic droid.
“Star Wars Day at Sea” will return to select cruises aboard the Disney Fantasy this January through April.