If you’ve visited Disneyland in the last few years, you’ve probably noticed an increase in wait times, but new research may help you beat the crowds.
According to the Los Angeles Times, the average wait time for the most popular attractions at Disneyland from January – June was 24.4 minutes. This is a 28% increase over the same period in 2015. The research found the best way to avoid crowds was to visit in January or on a Thursday.
To help alleviate crowds, ticket prices for peak days have gone up. The park is also moving toward an electronic FastPass reservation system. Instead of serving as a FastPass ticket, the paper obtained at FastPass machines now serves as a reminder of your reservation.
Other interesting findings include:
- Radiator Springs Racers has an average wait time of 86 minutes, up from 73 minutes in 2015
- The new Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout! attraction averaged a 93 minute wait during its first month, maxing out at a wait time of five hours
- Saturday is the busiest day, with an average queue time of 25 minutes
- Longest wait times are at the end of December and July as well as mid-May
- One-day ticket prices have jumped nearly 70% since 2007 to $124 plus tax per park
For more analysis of the Disneyland research, head over to Blooloop.