Let your taste buds experience magical new heights on both coasts of the country as Walt Disney World and Disneyland feature new menu items coming to their parks and resorts.
Starting on the east coast, one mouthwatering burger making it’s way to Disney’s Hollywood Studios at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant is The Drive-In BBQ Burger. This delectable piece of beef on a brioche bun includes house-made barbecue sauce, bacon, cheddar cheese, crispy-fried jalapeños and onion straws.
Another burger making it’s way to the Sci-Fi Dine-In will make Vegetarians rejoice. The new Falafel Burger, which is crafted together with arugula, tomato, Tatziki sauce and red pepper aioli. All placed on a crispy chickpea falafel patty, held together by a brioche bun.
A new summer special offering coming to Epcot’s Akershus Royal Banquet Hall is the Fylt Pasta. The pasta dish will leave you hungry for more as the new item includes four-cheese stuffed pasta with white whine-cream sauce and roasted vegetables. This cheese lovers delight is then finished with chive oil and a balsamic glaze.
Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is kicking off the summer with surf and turf. This new feast from under the sea pairs a six-ounce lobster tail with a six-ounce sirloin served with Yukon gold rustic mashed potatoes and roasted spring vegetables.
If your looking for a quick-bite at Animal Kingdom while visiting the park’s new Pandora – The World Of Avatar, you can now feast on the new open-faced BLT Sandwiches at The Smiling Crocodile. Both sandwiches are featured as one snack entitlement on the Disney Dining Plan. Guests can choose from turkey, salmon or pimento-cheese on toasted ciabatta with lettuce, tomato, and thick-cut smoked, house-roasted bacon.
Some other specialties that are coming to the east coast include candy-inspired beverages at Chef Mickey’s in Disney’s Contemporary Resort. This sweet treat features gummy bears chilling in a frozen pool of frozen cotton candy lemonade. The Watermelon Crush features nerds candy mixed into frozen watermelon and cherry lemonade. These delights can also be made special for adults as alcoholic versions are also available.
The new Speciality Hot Dog will come to Casey’s Corner in Magic Kingdom starting June 4. This Buffalo Chicken Dog will contain an all-beef hot dog piled high with shredded buffalo chicken, garlic-ranch dressing and celery.
Pizza lovers, don’t feel forgotten, because Magic Kingdom will also be making available the Pizza Frusta. This new folded pizza will be an easy-to-eat on-the-go snack that will come with either tomato and cheese or pepperoni and sausage toppings.
Now take a look at some hot new specials making their way to the west coast at Disneyland for their Summer of Heroes. The event will be running through September 10.
Award Wieners at Disney California Adventure Park will feature two new items in celebration of the summer event. The Quiver of Funnel Cake Fries with mango and raspberry coulis and whipped cream and the Angry Little Pudding Cup with chocolate pudding, chocolate sandwich cookies, whipped cream and funnel cake fries (featured in the picture below).
Schmoozes will be offering a new rotating menu of doughnuts that will be offered daily until 11am. Some of the doughnuts on the menu include the following.
- Gamma-Sized Doughnut – Filled with blackberry and black currant
- The All-American Doughnut – Filled with apple and streusel topping
- Spider Bite – A cinnamon-spiced doughnut
- Local Favorite – A maple-bacon filled doughnut with maple cream
Some smoothies coming to the sweet stop include the Terra-Berry, Rocket Fuel, Mango Mayhem, Strawberry Banana Breakout, and the Infinity-Ade (lavender lemonade), which is finished festively with a glow cube. The shop will also offer the Friendly Neighborhood Macaron, a vanilla ice cream-filled macaron.
If the hot sun gets you in the mood for something a little cooler, Bifrosties will also be featuring new shaved ice. All of the following flavors will have the option of adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Spinal Fluid (featured above) – Banana, mango coulis and chili-lime spice
- Spider Venom – Blue raspberry and cherry with condensed milk
- Smash Ice – Lime and grape
- Whistle Blue – Lime, blue raspberry and blue sugar
- I am Shave Ice – Root beer and vanilla
- Ice Reactor – Strawberry and banana
Cosmic Canteen also plans to join in on the fun with new summer drinks. Their new Cosmic Cocktails include the Be Brave, Be Blue (UV Blue Raspberry Bombsicle), Singulari-Tea (Rume Island Ice Tea), Lemon Lightning (Titan IPA and lemonade) and Blasted Lemonades (Vodka with choice of lemonade)
The Cosmic Canteen will additionally feature Breakout Beverages which include Krylorian Koolers – Non-alcoholic strawberry or watermelon lemonade and Assorted Coca-Cola beverages. To fit the hero theme, an appetizer to be offered at the eatery will be the Jalapeño-Cheese Groot-Shaped Bread.
Guests to the Cosmic Canteen should also check out The Most Dangerous Tacos in the Galaxy. These barbacoa beef tacos are made with green onion slaw, purple cabbage, pickled onions, habanero salsa and green tortillas. A vegetarian version is also available as well.
Other options to checkout at the restaurant include the following.
- Obviously Nachos, Fried blue corn tortillas with red pepper cheese sauce, mojo-marinated chicken, chipotle crèma and green onions.
- Space Outpost Tacos – Chicken street tacos with chopped cilantro and onions
- Hot Flare Margarita (jalapeño)
- Solar Flare Margarita (watermelon)
All of the options above are available in vegetarian versions and will be featured at the Cosmic Canteen until June 6.
Studio Catering Co. summer specials include the following.
- Super Hero Sized Sub – Peppered salami, Capocollo, Mortadela, Provolone Cheese, lettuce, tomato, pepperoncini and pickled onion on a hoagie roll, topped with red wine vinaigrette*
- Promising Future Falafel Pita – Chickpea fritters with pickled red cabbage, yellow bell peppers and charmoula sauce*
- Savory Strength Falafel Pita – Chickpea Fritters with spinach, cucumber mint slaw and spiced yogurt sauce*
- The Milano – Fanta® orange freeze with blue cream
Cherry Necroblaster – Cherry Coca-Cola® Freeze
- Multiverse Parfait – Chocolate cake layered with white and dark chocolate mousse and cherry jelly, topped with chocolate ganache
Fairfax Market will follow suit with The Cosmic Canteen with their very own Guardians of the Galaxy themed Sourdough Groot-Shaped Bread.
Lastly, if you enjoy collecting Disney and Marvel themed novelty items, then be on the lookout for the Groot Sipper, available at Award Wieners, Studio Catering Co., Smokejumpers Grill and “a bug’s land’ cart. You can also pick up the Spider Man Straw that can be found at Award Wieners, Bifrosties and Studio Catering Co.
WATCH – SATU’LI CANTEEN FOOD & TOUR IN PANDORA – THE WORLD OF AVATAR: