Who’s ready for a little flower power?
The 2016 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival is getting ready to spring up on Orlando — and this year, it’s a whopping 90 days! We had the opportunity to check out Disney’s plan of attack this year in a special media preview, so we ran around snapping pictures and taking video, all for your viewing pleasure.
The food we tasted was absolutely delicious, and guests this year are in for a real treat. Our favorite by far being the housemade potato and cheddar cheese biscuit with smoked salmon tartare, which will be available at the Cider House. The runner up wasn’t jerk spice chicken with mango salsa chayote and green papaya slaw with a lime-cilantro vinaigrette (available at La Isla Fresca). But the truth is folks, there wasn’t a bad dish in the bunch. See for yourself below:
And for those interested in rocking out to some sweet jams while taking in the scenery, Disney has lined up some exclusive entertainment with their 2016 Garden Rocks lineup:
- March 4-6 – The Orchestra starring former members of ELO “Evil Woman”
- March 11-13 – Starship starring Mickey Thomas “We Built This City”
- March 18-20 – Little River Band “Reminiscing”
- March 25-27 – Village People “Y.M.C.A.”
- April 1-3 – Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone “I’m Henry the VIII, I Am”
- April 8-10 – The Guess Who “American Woman”
- April 15-17 – NEW! Blood, Sweat & Tears featuring Bo Bice “Spinning Wheel”
- April 22-24 – NEW! BRIAN HOWE, former lead singer of Bad Company “Can’t Get Enough”
- April 29-May 1 – NEW! Georgia Satellites “Keep Your Hands to Yourself”
- May 6-8 – Gin Blossoms “Hey Jealousy”
- May 13-15 – NEW! Darlene Love “Wait ‘Til My Bobby Gets Home”
- May 20-22 – Night Ranger “Sister Christian”
- May 27-30 (Monday) – The Spinners “Working My Way Back to You”
Performances are at America Gardens Theatre at 5:30, 6:45, and 8 p.m. every Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the Festival and included with park admission. The 2016 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival kicks off at Walt Disney World March 2 and runs to May 30.
For all things Epcot, stick with Inside The Magic!